Is It Possible to Get a Photograph?

I am going for a revision rhinoplasty and chin augmentation. I would like a picture showing me what I may look like is this possible? I am scared to have something done without me knowing what I might look like.

Computer imaging for cosmetic surgery

+2

Yes, you can have a simulated "after" photograph before cosmetic surgery.  I routinely use this, and find it very helpful to communicate with patients about their expected results.  It helps me learn what patients want, and allows me to gauge whether their expectations are achievable or not.  But beware any surgeon who guarantees that you look exactly the same as the image- you won't.  A human face is not made of pixels, and you have to expect that there will be some differences.  Also, just because a surgeon does not do this as part of their practice, it does not mean they aren't capable surgeons- they just approach the problem a little differently.  Don't discount them.

Paoli Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes with 3D Imaging

+1

At my office in beverly hills we offer Vectra 3D imaging, which takes a picture of your face and we can morph it so you can see results before agreeing to the surgery.  It sounds like the solution you are looking for!

Web reference: http://www.facialplastics.info

Computer imaging

+1

You can have computer imaging done. i find this to be a very helpful communication tool. It also helps you see if the changes you desire do result in the look you want .  I try to be very conservative though and only show what i think are realistic changes. Computer images are not a guarantee and should not be thought of as one.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Computer morphing of possible revision rhinoplasty and chin augmentation result

+1

Many plastic surgeons (including myself) will do preoperative computer simulation of possible surgical changes. Not everyone does, however. I'm comfortable with the process and make sure my patients understand that the photos are not a guarantee of a final result.

Morphing is very helpful for patients to get an idea of the possible changes that can be made (and what it'll look like on their face). In some cases seeing before and after photos of other patients with similar anatomy is also helpful.

The important thing is for you to be comfortable with surgery. Find a surgeon that can do this before going ahead with anything.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty

I think computer imaging is very helpful for revision rhinoplasty consultations

+1

I have been performing computer imaging for rhinoplasty since starting in practice 23 years ago. Until a few years ago, I didn't do this for revision rhinoplasty. Now I find it to be a very good tool to demonstrate the different changes that might occur with revision surgery. This makes it an excellent discussion tool to decide how aggressive we need to be, what we decide to change and what we choose to leave alone. However, unlike primary rhinoplasty, this is a discussion tool to decide on mutual goals and I do not print out these photos. I do consult them right before surgery though.

Web reference: http://revisionrhinoplastyny.com

Usually not

+1

I gave up imaging patients before surgery because I found that I was a better surgeon than computer operater. Also revisions are the most difficult and a result can not be guaranteed. Talk to the doctor before , if you are not assured, then get another opinion.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com