Will no sunscreen after photofacial ruin my procedure?

She only applied a moisture cream after the procedure. I was exposed to sunlight walking to my car and on my drive home from the doctor's office. Have I "undone" my entire photofacial?

No, you haven't undone your photofacial.

+2

It is very doubtful that you have "undone" your photofacial if you spend a short time walking to your car and driving home. However, you should use sunscreen to protect your skin and prevent premature aging. 

Longmont Facial Plastic Surgeon

No!

+2

The only potential problem with immediate brief sun exposure is having a blotchy result. I am sure the doctor will even it out with the next treatment if that occurs. Next time, you need sunscreen and a hat. Remember you need that sun protection EVERY DAY to prevent future sun damage.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Photofacial

+1

You have not undone any of the effects from your photofacial.  Next time that you get your photofacial done, make sure to use a good sunscreen and minimize direct sun exposure.

Sam Naficy, MD

Photofacial

+1

Unlikely, but you are correct in that sunscreen is very important, especially after a fotofacial. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon