Can Photofacial Treatments Be Further Apart Than 3-4 Weeks, and Still Be Effective?

Can photofacial treatments be further apart than 3-4 weeks, and still be effective? I'm thinking about getting a photofacial once every 2-3 months until I receive my desired results. Will this still work?

Photofacial

+1

Yes, photofacial treatments can be spaced further apart than 3-4 weeks from each other.  I encourage you to consult with your provider to discuss a treatment plan

Photofacial

+1

Yes, but it depends on your condition.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Dermatologist for this question.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Photofacial (IPL) Treatment Can Be Spaced Out Every 2-3 Months

+1

A Photofacial (IPL) is great at improving the texture and color of the skin over a period of time. Many of our patients purchase a series of Photofacials to ensure that they achieve the desired results. Although we do not allow our patients to come in for another treatment prior to 3-4 weeks, we have many patients who wait even longer to get their next treatment. During your downtime, it is important to be extremely diligent in caring for and protecting your skin from the sun. You are making an investment, be sure to care for it properly. 

Ultimately, a Photofacial will benefit your skin, regardless. So, if every 2-3 months works better for you than do it! You are still going to see improvement in most if not all areas. Best of luck to you!

For more information regarding Photofacials, please visit the link below.

Steve Laverson, MD

How Often Should I get a Photofacial

+1

The improvement in facial color, tone and texture after photofacials makes them popular with patients. Generally, healing after a skin treatment takes 3-4 weeks, and the best results are obtained if treatments are scheduled no sooner than this interval.

The effects of a photofacial last for months, and it may only be necessary to have a few treatments yearly. An interval of every 2-3 months is a very reasonable option that could provide you with the results you seek. If you do not see the results you hope for, you always have the option of placing the treatments at a more frequent interval.

Temp Patterson, MD
Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stretching out the fotofacials.

+1

Here is the reality.  People like the effects of fotofacial.  They often want to come in sooner rather than later.  We say 3 weeks because this allows for recovery before the next fotofacial.  You simply will experience a less dramatic effect if you stretch out the fotofacials.  However you are not harming yourself in this way.  I say do what works for you.