Photofacial for Dark Spots Cause by Tanning Beds?

I have dark spots on my face from laying in a tanning bed for years. Is a Photofacial the way to go? They are not extemely dark but they are noticeable, what should I do?

Photofacials

+1

I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon or a board certified dermatologist to get properly evaluated.  The dark spots may be just age spots or they may be melasma.  Photofacial treatment is fine for age spots, but they should be avoided for melasma. 

Photofacials for dark spots

+1

If you have brown sun or age spots, photofacials will help.  If you have brown blotches called melasma on your cheeks, photofacials are not the best treatment.  You would need to use fading creams, avoid the sun and tanning beds, and you may be a candidate for chemical peels.  If you do not stop tanning though, there is no point in treating your brown spots since they will recur.

Toronto Dermatologist

IPL PhotoFacial treatments work well for eliminating brown spots.

+1

Unwanted brown spots are usually the result of unprotected sun exposure. Tanning booths can cause the same problem. If you're light skinned, with light hair and eyes, you'll likely respond well to IPL PhotoFacial treatments.

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.