Photofacial for Redness, Acne, Fine Lines, and Hair Removal?

I have redness around nose, acne, and fine lines. Will Photofacial help? Can it also get rid of hair above my top lip?

Photo facials will help treat redness, acne, and sun damage

+1

Depending on the setting used on thane IPL you can treat all of those conditions. The key is that different settings will do laser hair and different settings will treat redness and pigmentation.  The texture and skin tightening can be improved with the BBL as well.  Wrinkes are best treated with a combination of injectables and Fraxel laser. Please find a board certified dermatologist for these cosmetic procedures.

Photofacial

+1

Photofacials can be a great treatment option for facial redness and possibly acne.  It is not meant for treatment of fine lines.  

Sam Naficy, MD

Photofacial popular treatment

+1

Photofacial, or intense pulsed light facial treatment, is a very popular treatment in my practice. Its popularity I believe comes from its ability to help lighten brown spots or dyspigmentation, reduce redness and veins, and smooth skin and improve fine lines (it is not helpful for deeper wrinkles). IPL photofacial helps skin look better without makeup and addresses many of the changes that occur with mild sundamage - redness, brownness and texture changes.

For the hair on your upper lip, most experts agree that a laser treatment is more effective than IPL but for dark hair, IPL can be very helpful. Neither laser nor IPL is effective on very fine hair or light colored hair.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist