IPL Treatment After Fraxel Re:store?

Can I have Photofacial/IPL treatment 10 days after Fraxel re:store? It probably depends on how red I am after the Fraxel treatment. Can the "bronzing" I "may experience" after the Fraxel effect the IPL treatment? Comments? Thanks!

Wait 2 weeks between laser treatments

+1

We recommend waiting at least 2 weeks between any laser treatments to the same areas. This is to allow healing of the skin between treatments and to avoid over heating the skin which could increase the risk of hyperpigmentation and potentially scarring, depending on the lasers used. Some lasers should have a 3-4 week waiting period between them.

Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel or Profractional Treatment can be performed with an IPL

+1

We often perform a Fraxel / Profractional treatment at the same time as an IPL treatment.  he procedure gives you the benefit of skin tightening, wrinkle reduction, as well as reduction of sun damage and spots without increasing your recovery time. Most patients are back to work in 2 to 3 days with make-up.

Phillip Chang, MD
Leesburg Plastic Surgeon