Photodynamic Therapy - How is It Different from Aramis?

I am wonderding how is photodynamic therapy different from Aramis laser technology? Which one would help prevent and also reduce acne scarring?

Non-ablative fractional Erbium laser is best for acne scarring. Photodynamic therapy controls acne

+1

Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is a very effective acne treatment to reduce acute acne outbreaks. A topical light activated medication is placed on the skin (EMLA) and the light source is applied to the skin. PDT light sources include laser, intense pulsed light, light-emitting diodes (LEDs), blue light, red light, and many other visible lights (including natural sunlight).

While PDT is very effective at controlling acute acne, acne scars are chronic scars caused by previous acne outbreaks. The acne scars penetrate deeply into the deeper skin layer , the dermis, and improvement in acne scars requires new collagen production in the dermis.

In my experience the new non-ablative 1540 Erbium laser resurfacing is the most effective treatment modality for plumping of acne scars. the non-ablative fractional lasers can penetrate deeply into the dermis to build new collagen to replace that lost from scarring.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/scar-removal/new-laser-scar-removal-treatment-with-starlux-1540-non-ablative-fractional-laser/