Photodynamic Therapy to Correct Bad Pixel/ill Result?

I had pixel/ipltreatment one month ago. It caused skin crepiness, an increase in fine wrinkles ( where the pixel marks connected) and left visible pixel marks all over my face. I sought the advice of a plastic surgeon to see what he suggested as I am miserable!! He suggested photodynamic therapy to rid me of the pixel marks and skin crepiness. What is your opinion?

Would consider other mechanisms to improve side effects.

+1

Sorry to hear about your skin crepiness. Where did you have your procedure performed and who did the treatment? Did you return back to that place to discuss your concerns with that provider? I would recommend when it comes to laser/ipl/pdt treatments that you consider consulting with a dermatologist who has advanced training in these techniques. To be honest, photodynamic therapy is a good treatment modality but not the first one that I would consider in such a situation. There are many options including a pulsed dye laser or a fractionated laser. Ideally you should go to a dermatologist who has multiple lasers so they pick the one best suited to help your issue.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon