Is it Possible to Remove Breast Implants with Local Anesthesia Under $1000?

Breast implant removal for $1000 or less using local anesthesia? I have saline implants done under the muscle, put in through the armpit. Have had them in approximately 14 years. I want removal and no replacement. Thanks for any advice.

Breast Implant Removal?

+3

Yes, it is possible to have breast implants removed under local anesthesia  in some cases. If so, the cost of the procedure can be kept  relatively low.

I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons ( avoid “cosmetic surgeons"  who have not been appropriately trained or certified).

Breast implant removal

+2

Breast implants can easily be removed under local anesthesia, provided it is a simple removal with no other work required, such as a lift or capsule removal.  I typically charge about $2500 for the procedure.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast implant removal

+2
  • Yes, saline implants can be removed with local anesthesia in the office.
  • $1000 for uncomplicated removal is an average cost.
  • Your original surgeon may reduce the price.
  • You will need an incision in the crease or nipple.
  • I suggest you see three Board Certified Plastic Surgeons in your area, get estimates of their fee and decide based on cost and quality of the surgeon.

Best of luck.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Removing breast implants with local anesthesia

+2

It's not commonly requested but I can remove saline-filled breast implants with an existing inframammary crease incision for half of $1000 (for my previous patients). Your situation would require a new inframammary crease incision of 2 cm and would cost somewhat more but still under $1000 for a simple removal. Complicating and more costly situations include silicone gel-filled implants, unknown type or condition implants, shaped/textured surface implants, and any kind of additional capsule work. I should add that this is done in an accredited office-based facility. Any hospital or outpatient surgical facility could run $1000 in facility fee alone. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implant Removal

+2

It should not be a problem to get your implants out under local anesthesia if there is nothing else necessary to be done. I personally would only do that through an inframammary incision as axillary and periareolar approaches involve considerably more dissection through the tissues.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implant removal under anesthesia

+1
Implants can definitely be removed under local anesthesia.  However quoting the cost without an exam is an assumption that most quality board certified plastic surgeons would not embark upon.  With that said, an exam and quote for a procedure that may take 30-40 minutes will be far less expensive an augmentation.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon