Removal of Butt Implants?

i am disappointment with my gluteal implants after the swelling subsided I lost the projection I was looking for then to top it all off my incision dehisced. I had them placed july 24th. I want to remove them but they were placed intramuscular. Is this possible and how early? Ive heard horror stories about the way the buttock sags after removal so I want to get them removed as soon as possible. And the incision is still open. In the future i plan to gain weight and just have a BBL.

Removal of Butt Implants?

+1

The buttock implants can be removed.  I do not recommend weight gain for the Brazilian buttlift, and I perform this operation on thin women frequently.  About 25% of the BBls I perform are revisions of a previous BBl or buttock implant.   If you need a revision, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best Butt Implant is Your Own Fat

+1

All too often buttock implants offer more pain than joy.   Having them placed and then removed is not unusual.  I recommend fat implants which work very well in the buttocks area.  I really feel the best buttocks implant is your own FAT.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Removal of buttock implants

+1

It is possible to remove buttocks implants at just about anytime.  On the other hand I do not recommend the "technique" of gaining weight to have BBL.  The problem with this technique is that once you lose weight after the surgery back down to your baseline, guess what fat goes away first and the fastest?  Well unfortunately it the exact same fat that you gained first and the most and then transferred into your buttocks.  Buttock implants are the only reliable long term and FDA approved method of buttock augmentation, especially for relatively lean patients.  Glad to help...

Ryan Stanton, MD