Are my Implants Causing This Pain?

My implants are 9 yrs old - 480cc saline mod - and i am having pain in my upper back between shoulder blades also underneath my breast and on the sides where the breast and ribs meet. Last yr I had liposuction -full torso and full back with bra rolls- and there was two entry holes under my breast and near the armpits. I'M WONDERING IF THIS IS CORRELATED I've lost even more weight and i think my implants are close to my ribs. When I wear underwire bras it hurts! plus my back ACHES CONSTANTLY

Pain related to implants

+1

The type of pain you are describing is not typical for breast implants. I also doubt is your liposuction. As recommended by other physicians you should check with your plastic surgeon and perhaps anybody else he/she consider appropriate. Best to you. 

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Are my implants causing this pain?

+1

Thanks so much for your question.  Pain can be a very personal and inconsistent finding.  It is difficult to say whether any of the pain you are having is from normal musculo-skeletal pain vs pain from implants.  It is probably best to be evaluated by a local physician to determine if this pain is secondary to your implants.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Back pain and implants

+1

Pain across your upper back can be from many differnt things and not likely from your implants.  I would suggest first seeing your medical doctor.

Cosmetic Surgery is an Art and a Science

+1

Thank you for the question. Your discomfort may not be related to your implants. Contact your previous surgeon for advice and see your primsry care doctor. Best wishes..Thomas Narsete, M.D. Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Are my Implants Causing This Pain?

+1

This is not going to be resolved online. Best is to make an appointment starting with your surgeon. Most likely no cause related to the implants will be noted, and then see your primary physician for evaluation. There are  many anatomic structures in the vicinity that can be contributing to your symptoms, and  a careful history and physical exam are mandatory. 

All the best.