Do I need a tummy tuck just because I have been pregnant and may want more kids, or can I get smartlipo now? (photo)

I have wanted liposuction for a long time. Even at my thinnest (168), my thighs still touched and I had a "donut" of fat around my belly button. Now that I have had a baby and have lost some weight, I want the lipo. One Doctor I have seen said because I may want another child, I should wait and get a tuck and didn't even consider lipo. I'm wondering if I could do smartlipo now with the consideration that I may need a tummy tuck in the future. I am 26 5'8 and 195lbs. Thank you.

Smart lipo after baby...

+2

After childbirth, women often need a little help getting their figure back.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with having some liposuction between children. Smartlipo can assist with skin contraction and improve your appearance.  It is best to wait until you have had all your children to have a tummy tuck because it is a bigger procedure, and if you have a tummy tuck between children, things will just get stretched out again with your next child. But there is no need to be unhappy with excess fat around your midsection between children.  Another option is CoolSculpting, which is a nonsurgical procedure to reduce fat. Just be sure to consult with an experienced surgeon before undergoing your procedure.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Smartlipo?

+2

Thank you for posting a picture. It looks as if you would be a good candidate for Smartlipo; the unwanted fat deposits will be removed making the skin tighter. Please consult with your surgeon to find out if this is the right procedure for you and if it’s the right time to have this done.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Lipo

+2

If you are having more children wait. Keep your weight under control with diet and good exercoise

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

SMART LIPO VS TRADITIONAL LIPOSUCTION

+1
Dear Calea,
It is ok to do some liposuction between pregnancies in order to get your shape back.
However, you have to be careful as i have seen a lot of complications following smart lipo and other laser assisted liposuction in the hands of some surgeons.
The results depends on your surgeons level of commitment to his patients as well as their willingness to be careful to avoid complication.
Hope this was helpful.
Regards,
Dr Sajjadian,
n

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

SmartLipo and Tummy Tuck

+1

It appears as though you could get a reasonable result with Smart Lipo on the lower abdomen area although you do appear to have some skin laxity. If you consider a tummy tuck wait until you are done having kids for sure.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

SmartLipo now then tummy tuck later

+1

SmartLipo or straightforward liposuction will give you some improvement now and remove the excess fat deposits that you have. However you will only get limited skin tightening which is okay if you're still planning to have some children. After you're finished completing your family then you could go all out and have a tummy talk to tighten and remove all the extra skin that you have.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a tummy tuck just because I have been pregnant and may want more kids, or can I get smartlipo now?

+1

The tummy tuck will be far superior to liposuction of any sort given your skin laxity. If you are not finished having children, then you should wait on the tummy tuck.