Is it possible to shorten the nose & raise the alar wings after maxillary impaction surgery where the midface is shortened 4 mm?

Can the septum/ nose can easily be shortened, without raising the tip, since it will look too long after my teeth go up 3-5 mm as the distance between the top of my mouth and the base of my nose will be too close. The tip cannot be raised since this would result in too much nostril show on me. I desire to have a liplift also after the teeth have gone up. Generally speaking, how likely is it that this would be able to be accomplished? Will travel for right surgeon.

+1
Hello!  Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have concerns like yours, especially after maxillary procedures. Your goals are reasonable and certainly can be performed. Without an examination, it is difficult to give you recommendations. But, obtaining harmony with the surrounding structures of your face would be the purpose with refinements of your nose.  Consult with a surgeon well-versed in facial aesthetic surgery/rhinoplasty who will examine and discuss with you the various options and help you decide which option(s) are right for you. Hope that this helps. Best wishes!

Shortening nose after maxillary surgery

+1
You are very likely to be able to achieve shortening of your nose that will allow your nose to be in harmony with your other facial features.  Computer generated imaging will allow you to discuss with your surgeon the result you desire and balance that with what your surgeon feels is achievable. I suggest waiting until your maxillary surgery has fully healed and the resultant base on which your nose sits and your nose position has stabilized. The necessary changes can be made to this. Your lip height can be shortened as well if desired. Be sure to choose anexperienced surgeon!

Rhinoplasty

+1
Thank you for your questions and I would go to specialists in your area that will take your photo digitally and then alter it with your input till you see the result on your face you are looking for. Assuming that result is realistic, ask them how they will accomplish it. Tha way going into surgery you will be fully informed what is and what is not possible. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate for shortening the nose

+1
 The nose and septum can be shortened  with the rhinoplasty procedure. It is possible not to lift the tip simultaneously. The computer imaging would also be helpful since you're having multiple other procedures done which will alter facial balance.
 For many examples of shortening a long nose, please see  the link below

Nasal Surgery after Midface Shortening

+1
While what you describe can be performed, it is difficult to make any recommendations without a proper evaluation.   Please consult with a board certified specialist in the nose who can assist you with this and still ensure that you can breathe afterwards.  3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as an important communication tool with your surgeon.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1
Shortening of the nose can be done after maxillary surgery.  This can be done open or closed depending on the amount of shortening required.  This can be done without rotating the tip upwards or increasing the "nostril show."  Lip lift can be done at the same time or after the nasal surgery.  Doing it before is not preferred.  Seek out a consultation from a board-certified Facial Plastic surgeon.  Best wishes

David Alessi, MD