Can I get restylane right after getting a rhinoplasty? (Photo)

I plan in getting my rhinoplasty sometime June or July (still looking at doctors in the Scottsdale, AZ) and I am wondering if I can get restylane under the hallows of my eyes right after my rhinoplasty ?

Can I get restylane right after getting a rhinoplasty?

+1
You should wait until your bruising and swelling has resolved after rhinoplasty before getting Restylane for the hollows under your eyes. Otherwise, your doctor will not know how much to use. The alternative is to do the injections right before the rhinoplasty surgery so that swelling does not interfere with the injections. Good luck.

Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Can I get Restylane right after getting a rhinoplasty?

+1
I would recommend waiting until any bruising and/or swelling under the eyes is resolved before having Restylane injected into the tear trough. This will give your surgeon a better idea of how much Restylane is necessary to achieve the best possible result. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Restylane and Rhinoplasty Timing

+1
Restylane can be placed into the areas of you lower eyelids just prior to rhinoplasty, if done by a skilled physician.  If you have the rhinoplasty first, there will be swelling and bruising in the eyelid area making it impossible to judge the correction of the lower lids with a filler such as Restylane until the swelling and bruising disappear in 4 to 6 weeks.

James Clayton, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

+1
You will probably have to wait for a little bit of time after your rhinoplasty before you are able to get the Restyland injections. You will need to make sure the swelling from the procedure has subsided before getting the filler injected. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Restylane and Rhinoplasty

+1
There is certainly no contraindication to have Restylane injected following a rhinoplasty. However, I would recommend waiting for 4-6 weeks after your rhinoplasty to allow for the majority of swelling to subside as the swelling around the eyes could mask the amount of filler needed to adequately treat this area. Alternatively, you could have the Restylane injections prior to your rhinoplasty. Good luck! 

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Restylane and rhinoplasty

+1
Rhinoplasty surgery can cause some swelling around the eyes, so if you have the rhinoplasty first, you may need to wait a month or so before having the Restylane under your eyes.  If you have the Restylane first, there would be no problem having the rhinoplasty anytime afterwards.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon