Is it ok to have Restylane under the eyes 2 months before my Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Its official thanks to everyone on this site. I am scheduled for my rhinoplasty in aug! I am thinking about rescheduling a appointment for restylane under eyes as soon as possible before my nose surgury...I don't do it at the same time because the injector would not be the same doctor as for my rhinoplasty. Is it ok to have restylane under eyes 2 months before my rhinoplasty???!! Would the swelling from nose surgery mess with the restylane?! Thank you for your time!

Restylane before rhinoplasty

+1
Don't worry! You can have Restylane without worrying about having rhinoplasty afterward.  I hope your surgery goes well for you.

+1
Having Restylane injected into the tear troughs will not affect your scheduled rhinoplasty procedure. The procedure will also not affect the injections especially with the time period between the injections and the procedure. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Restylane prior to rhinoplasty

+1
Restylane injections into the tear troughs prior to rhinoplasty would not impact the nasal surgery. Similarly, swelling that occurs after rhinoplasty would not affect the filler, especially if there is a 2 month separation between the two procedures

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Filler and rhinoplasty

+1
Filler in the tear trough area will not impact rhinoplasty, especially if they are separated by two months.

Ramona Behshad, MD
Chesterfield Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and Rhinoplasty

+1
There is no reason you cant have filler into the cheek/tear trough area prior to nose surgery.  I would avoid any filler into the nasal area though.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Restylane and Rhinoplasty

+1
There is no reason you cannot have Restylane prior to a Rhinoplasty. However, I would suggest you that you discuss doing this and the timing with the surgeon who will perform your Rhinoplasty. The reason I say that is because adding filler into the upper cheeks and tear trough area could potentially alter how your nose looks a lit, especially depending on what area of the nose the Rhinoplasty is being done on. Then, when the Restylane goes away, your Rhinoplasty result could look slightly different. So, discuss the timing with your surgeon before doing it.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD