Is Botox a Viable Option for my Facial Asymmetry? (photo)

As you can see the left side of my face droops considerably. At first I thought it was just my eyebrow and contemplated a Botox consultation. However, based on these photos, it seems the entire left side of my face is asymmetric to a significant degree. I've always known my nose is off-center and that my eyebrows arched at different angles but it's becoming more noticeable as I age; I'm 26. When a camera lens is diagonally above me (last two photos) the asymmetry lessens.

Only IN PERSON facial examination will allow a determination if BOTOX alone could help your facial asymmetry. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Botox to correct brow asymmetry

Yes, every one is asymmetric. Some more than others. If one eyebrow is more active than the other, small amounts of botox may help to balance them.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Facial asymtery can be helped with Botox and fillers

Good Question.  Everyone's face is a little assymetric.  As a facial plastic surgery my taks is to recognize and helps corect those differences.  I routinely use Botx/Dysport/Xeomin as well as fillers to help with that.

Good Luck

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Robert F. Gray, MD, FACS
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

531 Main Street
Pleasanton, CA 94566

Botox is a great option to correct facial asymmetry

Botox, and the other two FDA approved neuromodulators (Dysport,Xeomin), is used very frequently in my practice to correct and lessen facial asymmetry. All neuromodulators work by lessining the activity of the muscle injected. If hyperactivity of a particular muscle causes asymmetry, by weakening it's action, symmetry can be attained.

Z. Paul Lorenc, MD

983 Park Ave
NY, New York 10028

Is Botox a Viable Option for my Facial Asymmetry?

No, from the photos provided (non-smiling the best to evaluate the face) the cheeks are flat (left more so than right) and there is excess facial fatty tissue.  Based upon those findings, Botox would offer no benefits.  Facial Micro-liposuction and Cheek Augmentation with a filler (I prefer Perlane) or Cheek Implants would seem appropriate.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

The brow position and the influence of its position on the upper eyelids will require an exam to determine what would benefit you most. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Botox for correction of facial assymetry

Thanks for your question.  You do have some slight asymmetry on your photos and I believe that botox might be a great option for you to correct this.  You will want to have botox injected in the forehead on the higher of the two sides.  Hopefully that helps and gives you some direction.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

10210 N 92nd St
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Botox is not the answer.

You do have some facial asymmetry for sure, we all do.  That is not the problem.

The problem is that you have bilateral upper eyelid ptosis with a compensatory brow lift.  The brow lift is stronger on the right side for a very simple reason:  The right upper eyelid is droopier than the left.  This causes the increase compensation seen in the forehead.  The treatment of choice is to repair the upper eyelid ptosis.  I suspect that you are also likely to benefit from a small anchor blepharoplasty performed at the time of the ptosis surgery.  Please do not expect to get this type of work done by the surgeon who did your girl friends breast implants.  You need a very refined type of surgery in order to retain a natural look.  There are probably just a hand full of oculoplastic surgeons in the country who can accomplish this for you.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Varying degrees of asymmetry exist in everyone's face

Everyone's face has a degree of asymmetry, and your facial asymmetry does not stand out significantly.  However, if it is a significant concern for you, then a combination of Botox and fillers would be able to improve it.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212