Blepharoplasty or fillers? (Photo)

I recently turned 21. I have always had dark Sunken hallows under my eyes. I Am wondering am I too young for a blepharoplasty? What are other options? I was also looking at restylane but I'm so scared I will get a allergic reaction? I want to know what are my options for something semi permanent or permanent. The darkness doesn't bother me so much makeup covers it for the most part. It just looks like I need fat under my eye

Fillers first...

+1
I would advise for Fillers under the eyes (tear trough area) first, and NOT permanent ones. I prefer using Belotero in that area since it doesn't have the Tindall effect that others HA fillers have. Allergic reactions to HA are extremely rare. I am not a proponent of "permanent" fillers since no one knows how our face is going to age. 
Hope it helps! 
Henri P. Gaboriau, MD FACS 

Blepharoplasty of Filler ?

+1
You can probably benefit from either treatment. One fills the hollow area beneath the eyes;  the other (lower blepharoplasty with fat repositioning) moves the bulge/fat to the hollow area underneath it.  See an oculoplastic specialist.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Soft tissue filler for the lower eyelids and tear trough zone

+1
At your age I would only consider a dermal filer such as Juvederm Ultra.  The result will last about a year and should give you a nice improvement.  You may also consider a product such as Teamine to mask the darkness of the lower lids.  These two together will be an improvement for you.  

Fillers or fat for hollow eyes

+1
You are very young to consider fat grafting surgery to correct the dark circles or Hollow's beneath your lower eyelids.  If you do eventually decide to have a permanent correction with fat be certain not to have fat injection but have open direct fat grafting.  Fat injections below the eyelids often can become lumpy and much of the fat can dissolve.

Because you are so young my choice would be Restylane dermal filler.  I have never seen an allergy to Restylane, it is a very benign product.  The benefits of trying a dermal filler first is that you can see how the improvement looks to you and that will help you decide if you want to proceed with fat grafting.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Blepharoplasty or fillers

+1
Thank you for your question. Based on your photos and your age I would say that you are not a candidate for a blepharoplasty.  Fillers could potentially address your concerns. Allergies to hyaluronic acid fillers like juvederm or restylane are uncommon. Find a plastic surgeon in your area to help you achieve your aesthetic goals. Good luck.

Arun Rao, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty or fillers?

+1
At your age I would only suggest fillers. They work very nicely BUT that is the most difficult area in which to get a good result. Find someone who does the injections for a living, not just once in awhile and see photos of people who have had that area injected before having it done yourself. The injector needs to be very artistic.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Blepharoplasty or fillers for lower eyelids?

+1
Blepharoplasty or fillers for lower eyelids? This is a frequent question for young patients and old alike. Fillers will make the depression  much better and is much less invasive and less expensive than a blepharoplasty. See an experienced injector and one who does not make bumps.

There is no substitute for an actual personal consultation with a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon.

+1
Put your finger on the top of the "bag."  If the bag is soft, this is fat and surgery might be an option for you.  On the other hand, if you put your finger on this and it is hard, then this is your orbital rim.  Lower eyelid surgery does not correct this.  Fillers have become a fabulous option for addressing may under eye issues.  The treatment is a bit fussy and you need to have a very artful and experienced injector.  Do expect the "nurse" at the spa to be able to do this treatment.  Take your time and find someone in your area for this treatment.  

Hollow lower eyelids in a younger person

+1
The hollow look in lower eyelids can be treated with fillers. The newer techniques allow for this treatment to be done with more predictable results. This is especially a good technique for a younger patients. From your photos it does appear that you could benefit from this procedure. The typical filler used for this indication is Restylane. It would be highly unusual to have allergy to this product.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon