2 Weeks Post-op, 375cc, Mentor Gel, Under Muscle: Am I Bottoming Out? (photo)

I am 2 weeks post op w/ 375cc mentor gels under the muscle, pre op 34 A. my right is dropping faster than the left which i know is fairly normal, but if I push up under my incision on the right i can feel the actual implant slightly. I can not feel it all on my left. is this normal in the D&F process or the early signs of bottoming out? . My next post op is in a week and i do plan on asking the PS all about it but I am very paranoid, and it is stressing me out a bit.

Bottoming out

+1

What you notice is not bottoming out.  Your right implant is just a bit lower at this time.  I recommend you tighten the bra strap on the right a little more than the left until the process evens out.  Very nice result.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Looks like a nice result.

+1

There appears to be no evidence whatsoever for bottoming out in the photographs. The results so far seems excellent.

Bottoming Out after BA?

+1
Definitely no evidence of bottoming out based upon your photo.  The left is a bit higher at the inframammary fold as well as in the upper pole.  This can all be normal at this point, however.  Be patient, follow up with your surgeon, and address your concerns during your visits.  Best of luck.

Ronald A. Lohner, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Am I Bottoming Out?

+1

There is no bottoming out present in the pictures provided.  One implant is slightly higher than the other, but this tends to happen early in the postoperative course.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Am I Bottoming Out?

+1

No bottoming is demonstrated in your posted photo. Best for you to follow up with your surgeon in person.. 

Bottoming Out?

+1

Looks to me like one is properly positioned while the other is just lagging a little behind and is being slower to D&F (drop and fluff). If you were my patient I would have you massage the high side 5-10 minutes twice a day!

Donald R. Revis Jr, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Question about bottoming out of a breast implant

+1

There is some slight asymmetry at the level of the inframammary crease however there is no evidence of bottoming out.  Continue to follow your plastic surgeons advice and post operative instructions.  The two breast can heal like they are on two different people but in the end these early asymmetries usually resolve.  

Gels, under the muscle,

+1

My preference is saline implants in a space between the breast and the muscle through a small incision in the crease beneath the breast. Our implants normally stay where we put them. We do not expect any "bottoming out". When you remove the wrap after our surgery the breasts stay in the pocket we make for them. The pocket is just slightly larger than the implant to allow the capsule to form. But because the muscle does not push or contract over the implant it's position does not shift and is not affected by contraction of the muscle. I don't see before photos, but this appears to be a good improvement from  a 34A. Hopefully you will continue to see more improvement.

Joseph Hayhurst, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming Out After Breast Augmentation

+1

I do not feel you are bottoming out.  It is usual for implants to settle at different rates after surgery.  It may take weeks to months to see the actual final result.  Bottoming out is when the lower breast fold settles too low and the nipple is too high on the breast mound.  You are experiencing normal settling at this time.

Martin O'Toole, MD

Bottoming Out after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.  I think that you can relax at this point.  Although some breast asymmetry is visible ( and  quite common at this point),  I do not see any evidence of “bottoming out”. If anything, your right breast implant is settling at a faster rate than the left side;  this asymmetric settling will also explain why you feel the implant on the right side.

Again, I would suggest occupying your mind with other things and continued patience.