Am I a Good Candidate for African American (Ethnic) Rhinoplasty, Buccal Fat Removal, Chin and Mandibular Implants? (photo)

I am a 23y.o Male who is a licensed aesthetician and has for years now been displeased with the overall structure of my face. I work out regularly and have been active all my life yet it remains that my face stays chubby, especially in the cheeks and under the chin area. My jaw line and chin have as well always been on the weaker side. I'd prefer the sides of my nose didn't span so far out into the inner cheek region and that it was a little more prominent and straight in the bridge. Thanks!

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

When performed properly by an expert, rhinoplasty can yield a great result and enhance one's own natural features while maintaining the distinguishing characteristics of their ethnicity. It is often combined with a chin augmentation if it is determined that this can further enhance the patient's profile. A chin augmentation can better define the jawline, and patients are generally very happy with the end result. I would recommend consulting with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon in your area who meets the following criteria:

1) Great credentials
2) A good amount of before and after photos showcasing their results
3) Patient testimonials
4) Fellowship training

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical options

+1

You are a good candidate for the rhinoplasty. The other procedures are pretty iffy and if I were you I would just get the nose done.  The other procedures will be a waste of money and do not have a high satisfaction rate.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

African American Rhinoplasty and Implants

+1

A rhinoplasty to narrow the width of your nose and an implant to improve chin projection would be very beneficial. I would not recommend buccal fat removal, but cheek implants would help establish definition. Based solely on the pictures you submitted I don't think you need mandibular implants; I may change my mind after examining you.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

The combination of rhinoplasty and chin implant helps to  improve facial balance. We do not  perform buccal fat pad removal and mandibular  implants. A rhinoplasty would involve narrowing and refinement of  the nostrils, tip, and bridge. A chin implant is inserted through a submental incision placed directly over the  mandible to give further projection of the chin area and  improve  your facial balance. Virtual rhinoplasty software and our  photo gallery for chin implant/rhinoplasty is available on our website on the link below

Am I a Good Candidate for African American (Ethnic) Rhinoplasty, Buccal Fat Removal, Chin and Mandibular Implants?

+1

I think that the rhinoplasty and the chin implant will make a nice change for you.  I would be reluctant to recommend the other two procedures.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and chin implants each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

African American rhinoplasty with liposuction and possible chin implant.

+1

African American rhinoplasty with liposuction and possible chin implant would improve your facial balance. I do not think buccal fat removal or mandibular implants are beneficial to u.