Tummy Tuck Vs Lipo? (photo)

Hello I'm 5'9 187 my dr told me I need a tummy tuck thn when I called to asked questions his rep said I didn't just get lipo ,,,, I can't have kids and I don't have Ny stretch marks I'm confused I don't have any abdominal tears nothing I don't know what to do I don't want to waste money or get a nasty scar if its no needed thanks for answering this!!!!!!!!

Either way you'll have a nice result

+2

Lipo would significantly improve your shape with less recovery time and insignificant tiny scars. You still may have some loose skin around your lower tummy but you'll look a lot better in tighter clothing. It also looks like you have enough for a tummy tuck and some liposculpting. This would result in a very tight and sculpted abdomen. The reicery is longer and there is a large but well hidden scar. It all depends on your goals. 

Tummy tuck vs liposuction

+2

Liposuction can make dramatic improvements in the waist and belly especially in patients under 50 who do not have loose skin.  Patients with loose skin and stretch marks may elect to have the skin removed with a tummy tuck.  Liposuction alone will tighten skin that is not loose so that it will not hang.  If further tightening is desired the Cellulaze laser can be used simultaneously with liposuction to tighten the skin further.

Tummy tucks results are also better and less risky in patients who have lost weight.

These procedures should be accompanied by improved diet and increased activity levels to maintain results.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Vs Lipo

+2

Based on the history and photos, you appear to be a better candidate for liposuction. To confirm consult in person with  2 - 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck or lipo, sometimes a tough question

+2

Sometimes it is hard to decide on TT vs lipo.  My advice from a photo can't replace a real exam, but I'd rather do lipo on you than a TT.  You have good looking skin that should shrink up nicely.  You don't have kids so your muscle should not be stretched out.  Lipo leaves very small scars and people of color can make bad scars with TT.  Also, if you did lipo and didn't like it, you could always do TT later.  If you do TT and don't like the scar...well, your stuck with it.  I prefer Smartlipo for the tummy because I believe it gives a smoother result.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

+2

If your have not had children and can not have children then it is unlikely that you have significant abdominal wall weakness.  Based on your pictures liposuction may be a good option.  You would have to have a physical exam to get the final determination on which procedure is better for you.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Liposuction or TT?

+2

In order to properly assess which procedure you need you must be examined. You should seek consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Only your surgeon can tell you if Tummy Tuck or Lipo is best

+2

You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon in person. The answer to tummy tuck vs lipo is not always straight-forward and this is a discussion that you need to have with a surgeon. A doctor's representative should never be dispensing medical advice over the phone.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Lipo

+1

You appear to have very good skin tone and no hanging or loose skin. You should do well with liposuction

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Liposuction versus tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Deciding between liposuction and a tummy tuck is usually not difficult as most patients need one or the other with the need for a tummy tuck being apparent.  Your case is a little more unique and I can understand the difficulty in making a decision.  The good news is that you can likely get 80+ percent of the results that you are looking for with liposuction alone.  I would recommend liposuction of your entire waist (circumferential).  Down the road if you fee like there is too much residual skin laxity you could always choose to undergo a tummy tuck.  For now, I would discuss circumferential waist liposuction with your plastic surgeon.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck

+1

This is a common question, and the answer is based upon skin laxity.  With good skin, liposuction can be performed without a tummy tuck.  Remember that if a considerable weight loss is planned, this may result in loose skin that may require a tummy tuck in the future.