2.5 months post op of Rhinoplasty, there is swelling after removal of nose tip grafts. Is this normal?

2.5mos open rhino. Ps harvested nasal septum for tip height and ear cartilage for projection. goretex was placed in dorsum. I am certain i will remove all these whether it will give me a perfect nose.i just regretted altering my nose. just want to know if my nose tip will be socially acceptable on the 8th day? Swelling is acceptable already? Thank u

+1
    Very hard to answer as to what would be acceptable.  Swelling at 8 days may still be significant.

At 8 days post-op you will still be swollen

+1
The amount of swelling depends on your skin thickness, the degree of expansion caused by the grafts and gortex, and the degree of trauma your soft tissue experiences (sometimes it can be difficult to remove gortex).  I would approach your surgeon with your concerns.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon