Philadelphia Tummy Tuck Surgeon Recommendations

Hi, I am considering a tummy tuck and would like some recommendations for doctors in the Philadelphia area. Also, what questions should I be asking when meeting with a doctor? Please help?

Recommendations for plastic surgeons in Philadelphia

+2

I trained at Penn and there are quite a few people there that I love. Don LaRossa, based at HUP, and Lou Bucky, based at Pennsylvania hospital, both do a great job. Ron Lohner on the main line is also excellent.

Finding a Plastic Surgeon

+1

I am also from Philadelphia and did a great deal of my training there. There are many qualified plastic surgeons. There is no "best" for all procedures or all patients. Take your time and have a couple of consultations. Look at each surgeon's pre-op and post-op photos. Get a "feel" for the surgeon and the staff. Make sure your comfortable with that practice. Take your time. The best place to start is plasticsurgery.org to find a surgeon who is certified by the AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY (ABPS) and a member of the AMERICAN SOCIETY OF PLASTIC SURGERY (ASPS). This society is very selective and the ABPS is the only board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialities, the group that recognizes the board certification of your OB-GYN, pediatrician and other specialists.

Good Luck.

Jack Gelman, MD
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon