Would a Revision Help This Crooked Nose? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 3 years ago and it went fairly well except my frontal view still bothers me. The right side is totally flat and the left side bulges out from the nasal bone down threw the bridge. Also the nostrils are two different sizes and shapes. Could a revision help straighten the nose even more?

Do I need revision rhinoplasty?

+1

You can benefit from a revision rhinoplasty. It can help to straighten your nose as well as reducing your nasal bone width. Creating a better symmetry of nostrils could be challenging. You must find an expert revision rhinoplasty surgeon in your area to help you. Realistic expectations will help you to achieve satisfaction. Good luck, Dr. Sadati

Revision surgery after Rhinoplasty

+1

Revision Rhinoplasty surgery is very complex business. Yes, having another procedure can straighten the nose but you need to choose very carefully a surgeon who is board certified to perform them and that has a great reputation. Look for pictures from that doctors office and talk to some of their patients to see if they are happy. Be selective and careful because each Rhinoplasty gets more and more difficult.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Revision rhinoplasty to straighten the nose

+1

The simple answer is: Yes, revision rhinoplasty could potentially make your  nose much straighter.  The nostril irregularity could also be improved, but especially with the nostrils some imperfection and asymmetry will remain.  As long as you remember the goal is improvement, not perfection, then you may be a candidate for revision surgery.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Would a Revision Help This Crooked Nose?

+1

Yes seek in person nasal examination for the revision you can obtain. This will allow a better result more to your liking. Regards 

A Revision Nose Surgery COULD Help This Crooked Nose

+1

Nose Surgery is a complex surgery. Re-do Nose Surgery is a MORE complex surgery. A Redo of a redo Nose surgery can be a VERY challenging surgery. BUT - it could straighten the nose completely.

Without examining you it is improper to suggest a course of treatment. However, speaking in generalities, it appears your nose was pushed from your right to left and is deviated. It most likely would require breaking the nose along specific lines to bring it back to the midline AND narrow it. In addition, you may require a Septoplasty and placement of spreader grafts - narrow cartilage strips, between the septum and side walls to straighten the curvature of the septum. You should see a Plastic surgeon who specializes in redo nose operations.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

It is very possible that a revision rhinoplasty can help you. It is best to go for a consultation to be properly evaluated.  Good luck.

Revision of Crooked Nose

+1

Your crooked, asymmetrical nose can be improved with a revsion done by an experienced specialist. I cannot comment on your nostrils with the picture submitted.

Crooked nose

+1

Would need to know what exactly was done previously.  Striaghtening a crooked nose is one of the most challenging goals in rhinoplasty.  You would require a nasal bone osteotomy to reposition the upper 2/3rds.  The septum may also require repositioning. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon