I'm a healthy 52 year old, 120 lb. African American. Is it safe to do a Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift & Butt Lift at the same time?

I'm a healthy African American female of 52 yrs old and 120lbs. I do not have any ailments or neither do I take any medications. Is it safe to get a tummy tuck, breastlift and butt lift without fat injections all at the same time during surgery? Or should I wait after I'v healed from my tummy tuck and breastlift? Will it be too much blood loss? If it is safe to do, how much down time would I need?

Concern about multiple procedures has validity...

+1
Concern about multiple procedures has validity and one should be sure that their surgeon is comfortable in doing multiple procedures. As a 120lb person you’re fairly small and so usually these 3 procedures can be done safely together with minimal bleeding. The blood loss and the surgical time are the 2 key elements when determining whether multiple procedures can be done appropriately.

An abdominoplasty with a buttocks lift can be done in two ways, either as a circumferential abdominoplasty using the tissue of the buttocks that would normally be removed not only for lifting but for augmentation, or an abdominoplasty can be performed with liposuction and the liposuction fat can be utilized to augment the buttocks as in a Brazilian Butt Lift.

Hope this helps!

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

+1
Thank you for your question . 

You will need to be healthy enough for these procedures. It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck with the breast lift.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

+1
      Combination of these three procedures may be reasonable in a smaller, healthy individual.  I would recommend that you find a surgeon who performs all of these frequently and in combination.  Total surgery time should not exceed 6 hours.

Combining multiple cosmetic surgery procedures and safety issues

+1
Combining cosmetic surgery procedures can be done safely, but it all depends upon the extent of each procedure.  I would be able to give you a better answer after a consultation, but I have combined the procedures you mentioned before with great results.  However, if a considerable amount of work needs to be done then you may need to stage the procedure for safety.  Thanks for your question!

Dr. Schreiber

Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Multiple Surgeries at Once

+1
Generally speaking, multiple surgeries can be performed at the same time if the operating surgeon feels that it is safe after reviewing medical risks and benefits. Statistically we know that there are more complications when surgeries are long or we do multiple surgeries at once. It is up to the operating surgeon to manage these risks on an individual basis with each patient. My suggestion would be to come into the office for a free consultation so we can discuss your desires and compare them with your medical history. 

William Franckle, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

+1
Performing multiple procedures is fairly common. With you height and weight measurements you certainly can have 2 procedures done simultaneously- Tummy tuck and brast lift. As to whether you can also do the BBL at the same time, you need to be examined to determine whether this is feasable. While convenience in having surgery can always be considered, ultimately safety overrules.

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast Lift, Tummy Tuck and Butt Lift all at the same time

+1
In my opinion, I would suggest having the breast lift and tummy tuck first and then having the buttocks lift at a second surgery.  When we do the tummy tuck we bend you forward to make the abdominal skin extra tight.  If you are having a buttocks lift at the same time, we cannot bend you forward as much and thus, your tummy tuck cannot be as tight.  Additionally, if you are pulling forward for the tummy tuck, this force is pulling on the buttocks lift incision, so it opposes maximizing healing of the incisions.  Finally, for post operative comfort, if you have surgery on your abdomen and on your buttocks, there really is no comfortable position to lay or sit after surgery.  Ideally it is best to operate on one side of your body (front or back) so that the other side is comfortable for recovery and also is not pulling in the opposite direction and interfering with the healing of the other side.

David Shafer, MD

Multiple procedures performed at the same time

+1
Multiple procedures can safely be done at the same time but it is a very individual decision between the patient and what the surgeon feels can be done safely. Being healthy certainly gives your surgeon more flexibility and freedom to do more.

Ronald Schuster, MD