Can Compsite Grafts Used for Alar Retraction Be Removed or Altered?

I have composite grafts for alar retraction. They are extremely thick and to large... I look like I have a retracted columella and bulbous nose now. They are place close to my tip. I don't want to offend my dr. But they are over done. And very thick inside.I am wondered can they be fixed? And is this a producure that can be done under sedation? Any idea on cost would be great? Thanks so much for your help?

Composite grafts

+1

I would really need to see photos and get ,ore information on your case.  If it has only been a few months they may still be swollen and you should wait.  The grafts can always be reduced or removed.

Composite grafts for alar retraction

+1

Composite grafts are an  excellent treatment for alar  retraction and notching.  Make sure you wait at least one year prior to undergoing any revisions because they will shrink and contract over time. They can be trimmed down and made less thickened, bulbous and bulky.The price list for a rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty is located on our website.

Composite grafts

+1

Composite grafts tend to be very bulky at first, but with time they usually shrink and contract. Should wait a year to see if they need to be revised.

Andres Bustillo, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bulky Composite Alar Rim Grafts

+1

Composite alar rims grafts can be modified or thinned. But give it at least 6 months from the surgery for the grafts to maximally shrink and contract as, in some cases, the problem may be self-solving.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Can Composite Grafts Used for Alar Retraction Be Removed or Altered?

+1

They can be removed or altered, but make sure that the swelling is completely resolved before undertaking a thinning procedure.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Alar composite grafts take 6-12 months to heal.

+1

Alar composite grafts take 6-12 months to heal. If it has been a year fine, otherwise wait since they may be fine and u will save time and money. 

Secondary rhinoplasty

+1

You did not mention how long it has been since your original surgery.  A secondary rhinoplasty can be planned to correct the problems that you have mentioned.  

Changing of Composite Grafts used for Alar Retraction

+1

Composite grafts (grafts including skin and cartilage) used to treat alar retraction can be modified or removed. You do not mention when they were placed; make sure you wait until healing is complete before considering a revision. This can be done with local anesthesia with or without very light sedation.