Looking to achieve a natural "perky" look with breast implants. Would 400cc make me look top heavy? (Photo)

I am 5'4" 140lbs with a naturally athletic build. My doc suggested 400cc moderate profile possibly even 425 but i fear that maybe to large and make me look top heavy. I really would like safe cup size that i could dress up and down as needed. Currently I wear a 36A. Also i notice that one of my breast seems saggier then the other. Should I be thinking 350/375 to restore some of the fullness. Maybe even high profile?? everyone i know who wears a D cup seems huge and i do not want huge.

Perky breasts after Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™

+1
To achieve the perky look, your breasts have to be as high on the chest wall as possible.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.At size 36 A each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.Size D would require 600 cc implants, which would be too large, too heavy, would extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1
A 400 cc implant is quite large.
Many women want to be as large as possible.
But other women find their male surgeons recommend implants that are larger than they want.
For a more natural look, a smaller implant is better.

The best way to find out the right implant for you is to return to your plastic surgeon and try on sizers between 300 cc and 450 cc.

A high profile implant is only reasonable if you want more fullness in a narrow chest -
It seems you want a more natural look, not a larger implant.
So a round moderate profile implant sounds a great suggestion - but maybe a little smaller than 400. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Selecting an implant size

+1
Without a physical examination it is difficult to give you suggestions about breast implant size.  Vectra 3D imaging is also helpful in determining the optimal implant to meet your expectations.  As plastic surgeons this is what we do every day.  

Implant sizing

+1
Thank you for your question. There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr.Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation Sizing

+1
Thank you for your question. You are a good candidate for breast augmentation. Your questions regarding sizing are best answered in person with a board-certified plastic surgeon with expertise in breast augmentation surgery. Ideally you may also undergo Vectra 3-D imaging to simulate your results after surgery and have a discussion with the different sizes you are proposing. In general however you will not notice a difference between a 400 and 425cc implant. Breast of luck :). 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Perky looking breast implants: 350cc / 375cc / 400cc

+1
Sometime is hard to decide on just the right implant size that will work for you.   As long as you are in a safe range that you have selected with your plastic surgeon, you will probably look fine with whatever you choose.

Selection can also be helped by using 3D simulation software that can help you see what you would look like with different sized implants.  Many surgeons have software like Crisalix or Vectra in their office you can go home seeing what you would probably look like with 350cc implants, 375cc implants, or 400cc implants.  It isn't a guarantee, but it is a very close approximation.   

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

350cc versus 400cc breast implants

+1
Dear MsReady,

You will likely look great with either size implant.  If you don't want D cup breasts, then go with the smaller 350cc implants.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Looking to achieve a natural "perky" look with breast implants. Would 400cc make me look top heavy?

+1
To me you need at least a 400 cc but a 450 would be better in HP type implants. This is my over the internet opinion. Best top seek IN PERSON sizers to see the look. Always go bigger... 

400 cc implants too much?

+1
Thank you for your question. Picking out implants during a consultation involves a lot of factors including breast assessment and measurements along with assessing patient desires and expectations. It seems that a 400 cc implant may be too large for an A cup breast but I would trust your plastic surgeon if that is the implant that was chosen after your consultation. If you are thinking about going to a smaller implant it is best to schedule another appointment for a re-talk.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Breast augmentation

+1
It is impossible to guess what would be right for you without an exam. You can do a baggy test to determine if you like a specific volume.