Is Fat Transfer Surgery Safe and Worth It?

I'm considering fat transfer surgery to enhance my buttocks and minimize my stomach. I'm also thinking about having a breast lift as well. What are my risk? Cost? Etc...i honesty think it's worth it but i need a medical professionals opinion...

Fat transfer can give great results

+2

Fat transfer to the butt (Brazilian Butt Lift) from the abdomen is a very popular procedure.  You may even be able to combine it with a breast lift.  The Brazilian butt lift uses your own fat to enlarge your buttocks.  It looks and feels very natural and the scars are minimal.  It has the added bonus of using liposuction to minimize and sculpt your midsection.  Your risks will depend on your medical and surgical history.  In general, I always counsel my patients about the risk of infection, bleeding and blood clot formation after this or any surgery.  Consider meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon who can talk to you about whether or not you are a candidate and what your specific risks may be.  He or she can also give you cost information.

Fat Transfer Safety

+1

The Brazilian buttlift is a safe procedure, in general.  The breast lift can be combined with it.  Find the plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and breast lifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat Transfer Procedure Very Effective

+1

Liposuction of fat from undesireable areas and transfer to a region where you can benefit with augmenation such as the buttock region is very effective.  With proper technique a good percentatge of the fat will survive permanently.  Depending on the volume of liposuction performed, this procedure can be safely combined with a breast lift.  This combination of procedures are very effective and associated with a high level of patient satisfaction.  Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Surgery for Buttocks and Breasts

+1

Yes, it's possible to achieve that Jennifer Lopez, sculpted buttock using your own fat that can be taken from the abdomen.

Buttock augmentation with your own fat allows you to get a natural more pleasing shape and contour to the backside by augmenting curves, correcting an imbalance or increasing size and prominence of the buttock.  Fat taken from the abdomen (stomach) can be used for this enhancement, so you get the benefit of reducing your stomach while you enhance your butt all without implants, which can be painful.

Autologus fat transfer can also be incorporated into a breast lift providing very natural looking and feeling, larger, perkier breasts. In this procedure your own fat is placed under the breast tissue to provide increased breast size without the need for artificial implants. To perk up a drooping breast, your surgeon will remove excess skin, reposition the nipple, and redrape and tighten the remaining skin to support the breast. The areola may also be reduced in size. A mastopexy (breast lift) raises droopy breasts from one to several inches and excess skin is removed. If you're sagging or asymmetrical, and are looking for perkiness, you'll need a lift--or, if you also want more volume, a lift and fat transfer.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD