Breast Lift Without Scars Possible? (photo)

35 with kids and not having any more. I'm 5' 7", 152lbs. and a 34 D, but would like to have a breast lift with implants. I want to keep a D-cup but a lift might change that. I've read reviews of implants inserted through armpits, or through incisions in the areola that leave minimal scars. I don't want the "lollipop" scar, but I am unfamiliar with alternatives. I'm not even sure if implants are necessary, since what I truly desire is the lift, but I don't want to lose fullness & volume.

Is a breast lift without scars possible?

+2

Thank you for your question.  Your issue is that you have too much (excess) skin, and at least currently, the only way to address excess skin is to excise it-- this will leave a scar. With the degree of ptosis (droop) that you show in your pictures, there is no question that you need a full V-T mastopexy... Anything less will simply not give you the changes you are looking for and you will be disappointed. The question to ask yourself is "Am I happy with my breast volume (now) in a good supportive bra?" if the answer to that is "yes" (and it sounds like it is), then implants are not part of the answer for you, all they can do for you is make your breasts larger. 

Good luck!

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

You will need to have full lift

+2

There is no breast lift without scar. There are some surgeons that offer internal lift,but it works in patients that do not need lift or may need to have a little lift. You have a low nipple,breast tissue touching the chest wall and extra skin.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

At least a lollipop scar

+2

Unfortunately, a breast lift without scars is not possible.  You will likely need at least a lollipop scar (a scar around the areola and extending down vertically to your fold) for the lift.  In addition, it doesn't look like you have much upper pole fullness.  If you are looking for fullness in the superior aspect of your breasts, you may want to consider having a lift with breast implants.  Having just a lift will not give you much fullness judging by your photos.

Elizabeth Kim, MD

No breast lifts avoid scars

+2

There is no such thing as a scarless breast lift.  Implants can add volume, size, and upper pole fullness with minimal scars but they won't lift the breast.  Your photos show a need for a full lift with the anchor scar in my opinion. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

No-Scar Breast Lift

+2

Dear NiceDreams,  Thank you for the questions and also the photos.  While you are currently a D-cup, with a lift alone, you will probably loose a cup size since you will drop some volume as the extra skin and some breast tissue is removed  to accomplish the lift.  Remianing the same cup size usually requires an implant to regain the missing volume.  An implant is also used to increase the fullness of the upper breast; something a lift alone cannot do.

From your photos, you will probably need a breast lift that will require incisions not just around the nipple but also from the nipple down to the IM fold and also possibly even along the fold.  This requires an examination to determine exactly what type of lift is best for you.  The trouble with most "alternative lifts" is they give less than stellar results which why they are not used be most plastic surgeons.  The incisions will fade, poor results will not.

Your best choice is to obtain two or more consults with board certified plastic surgeons who can help you determine which combination of procedures is going to give you the best results.  Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

No scars and the tooth fairy

+2

The only way to avoid scars with your breasts and have a lift is to wear a bra. You need implants and a full mastopexy. Your nipples are below the IM line -- Not only will you have a lollypop scar but it will go in to the IM fold too -- for a good lift.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast lift with no scars

+2

Dear Nice Dreams,

Thank you for your question and photos. 

I will be frank with you the best option for you to achieve your goals is to have a lift with implants. This should elevate your breasts and provide symmetry and volume where you need it in the upper part. 

And it will save you the disappointment with suboptimal results. 

Best of luck...

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

Can you have a breast lift and implants without scars?

+2

Thanks for your photos. Although there is no replacement for an in person exam it appears that you would need a breast lift with any augmentation. In most plastic surgeon's hands you will need a lift that includes a scar around the areola, down the middle and most likely under the fold as well. You best course of action is to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and then it can be decided which treatment will best help you reach your goals.

Dr. Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Implants and Lift or Just a Lift

+2

If you are happy with the size of your breasts then you will likely just want a breast lift.  If you would like additional volume, implants can be used.  The breast lift involves only removal of skin and results in a negligible loss of tissue.  There is not a way currently available to lift breasts without scars.  To create the breasts you would want, you will likely need at least a vertical or lollipop lift.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lift Without Scar Not Possible

+2
Thank you for sharing your photos and your question.  Unfortunately a significant lift of the breasts is not possible without scars. You are a candidate for either a lollipop or anchor breast lift.  I would not recommend a peri-areolar lift.   When the breast is lifted, you do lose about half a cup size when skin is removed and breast tissue re-distributed.  If you want to keep a D cup or get more upper pole fullness, then an augmentation with a lift would work best. Good luck

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon