Can You Take Phentermine Before, During, and After Fraxel Re:store?

I am considering Fraxel re:store to repair acne scarring and also laser for rosacea on my face. I am taking phentermine and it is physician prescribed. I know the risks associated with taking it. I know I should not take it prior to undergoing general anesthesia. I am wondering, however, if there is any contraindication for taking phentermine while undergoing Fraxel re:store procedures? My prescribing physician doesn't think so, but want to ask this community before I go see a Fraxel surgeon.

Treatment with Fraxel while on medication

+2

Any time you plan to have a treatment or procedure be sure to discuss your medications with your physician. For any surgical procedure you should also discuss the procedure with the prescribing physician.

In your case, there is no contraindication between the medication and the treatment itself. However, if you have anxiety related to the treatment you may experience some of the side effects of the drug such as a racing heart. You should to discuss that with both your prescribing and treating physician, and if anxiety is a concern you may consider taking a mild anti-anxiety medication before having your Fraxel treatment.

Atlanta Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel Laser

+1

Discuss this with  your Fraxel surgeon as they are the one who need to know this before doing a procedure.   We would want you to have medical clearance first and that may require an EXG, and possibly other tests.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon