Are Phenol Peels the Deepest Possible Peel to Get and Do They Thin the Skin?

I'm 33 yr old female with lots of under eye wrinkles (bad genetics!). From the research I've done, it appears that a checmical peel would work very well. Do chemical peels (I'm referring to the deepest peel) thin the skin? I was told that if I get a peel at such a young age, I will have even thinner skin as I get older. Is this correct? How often can someone get deep chemical peels? Once every 10 yrs? Thanks.

Peels for the creases around the eyes does great but beware of phenol peels.

+1

Phenol peels can thin the skin and remove color of the skin as well as scar. I would do a few TCA peels to get good results around the eyes for roughly $350 each  a month apart . sincerly,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Consider Fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing for lower eyelid rejuvenation

+1

If you are trying to correct wrinkles of the lower eyelids where the skin is very thin then I would consider using fractionated CO2 laser resurfacing.  It is going to be much more reliable than a phenol peel, get a better result with less down time and less chance of scarring. 

You are making a huge mistake researching yourself into a phenol peel.

+1

I do many, many lower eyelid phenol peels.  It is a great agent for the lower eyelid.  However, it is absolutely not for everyone and it requires a master chemical peeler to safely perform the treatment.  One is not being dipped in the chemical agent.  It needs to be applied like on is painting.  Some areas need deeper treatment, some areas much more superficial treatment.  It is also critical to have the agent feathered to avoid a demarcation line.  These sorts of peels are seldom needed by 33 year olds so I suggest consultations to see what is recommended rather than having a preconceived notion of what you need.