Phenol Peel for Deep Upper Lip Wrinkles?

I have very deep lines around my upper lip. I am 59 with very fair thin skin. I have been told that a Phenol peel is ideal for my skin. I have had the Yag long pulse laser several times on this area , and it has made little difference. I now live in Thailand , a dermatologist suggested I use the Erbuim Yag, but a well know plastic surgeon here told me it's going to make much difference on my my skin. He suggested the Phenol treatment for my fair delicate skin for long term results. I do not want Restalyne injections etc. This does not last. Please could you give me advice on which procedure I should undertake? Is it safe to use the Phenol peel around the eye area, if not what do you suggest. Thank-you in advan

Phenol-Croton Oil Peel is Excellent for Deep Facial Wrinkles

+3

The modified Phenol or Phenol-Croton Oil Peel is a great option for resurfacing deep wrinkles in the face. I have found that this peel tends to work best as an overall facial resurfacing agent, rather than trying to do just one area of the face. Whenever resurfacing is done regionally, there is a chance for a step off in color. This can lead to a noticeable demarcation that needs to be covered up with make-up long term. The best thing about the Phenol-Croton Oil peel results is that they last a very long time and sometimes even improve with time.

Naples Plastic Surgeon

Phenol peels for deep lines

+2

There are many options for resurfacing the lines around your mouth and eyes. Chemical peels, including the use of phenol can produce very good results. Expect a recovery period of about 2 weeks with this type of treatment. And yes, phenol can be used around the eyes as long as your surgeon uses the appropiate precautions. Another option is the use of fractionated carbon dioxide laser resurfacing. This modality will also give you good long term results with shorter downtime

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Phenol Peel

+1

For a person with fair skin phenol peel can be very effective.  There are several formulations available on the market today.  Most commonly phenol peel includes combination of phenol and croton oil.  Traditional formulation is very effective but also is very aggressive.

We use a modification of Phenol peel described by late Dr. Hetter from Las Vegas.  It is not as aggressive as traditional Gordon Baker peel, but still very effective will significantly lessened risk of complication.  Depending on concentration of ingredients the recovery is from 10 days to 21 days.

I find it more effecive then fractional CO2 laser which I also use.  However, some patients prefer several sessions of CO2 laser rather then peel bacause of what they remember their relatives went through during old fashion peel treatments.

Sincerely, Boris Volshteyn MD

East Brunswick Plastic Surgeon

Phenol Peels for deep wrinkles (rhytids)

+1
I have performed many baker-gordon phenol peels as well as modified phenol peels (called croton oil peels, or hetter peels) with fantastic results, especially for deep wrinkles.  These treatments require some recovery (ie 5-8 days), and are performed under anesthesia. More recently, we have minimized risk and recovery by using the SmartXDE DOT laser.  We have used this now for about 11 months and have not performed one peel during this time.  We like it as it is performed using only a topical anesthestic agent, and recovery is shorter and easier. However, with regard to your question, a phenol peel, performed in the right hands is an excellent treatment for deep upper lines.
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Phenol peel for deep upper lip wrinkles

+1

Phenol peels are a well establish chemical peel that can work very well for deep upper lip wrinkles.  As always, a consultation with a practitioner with experience in resurfacing techniques including chemical peels is important.  There are many options available including various modifications to a phenol peel.  Your consultation will determine the best options for you and what you want to improve.

Hurricane Facial Plastic Surgeon