Scarring After Phenol Peel

I had a Phenol Peel 1 month ago. My skin is healing nicely. I am very pleased, but as the swelling has gone down I am seeing some old acne pitting re-surface. Are there additional options for remaining scarring after a phenol peel?

Fractional co2 laser for acne scars in Los Angeles

+1

You may be a candidate for a fractional co2 laser treatment to resurface acne scars and improve surface texture.  

Acne scars phenol peel

+1

I have not seen significant improvement with acne scarring doing phenol peels. It is great for general wrinkles and skin tightening.

If the pitted scars are small, they can be excised and closed or undermined and a filler placed to help improve the contour.

Phenol Peels and Pitting Acne

+1

Pitting acne scars may respond somewhat to phenol peels or other resurfacing procedures. For the most part, pitting scars need to be lifted in some manner. Though silicone is an option, it requires a VERY experienced injector with silicone and still runs the risk of problems. I prefer either a subcision followed by a temporary filler which I find produces permanent results most of the time, or subcision followed by fat. In either case, the key is to filling the depression.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars usually resist skin peels

+1

Unfortunately, even the deepest of chemical peels usually fail to totally erase depressed acne scars.

In our experience, in the hands of very experienced and superspecialized dermatologists, micro-droplets of liquid silicone work best. These scars, being depressed, need to be plumped or pushed up. That is how these fillers work.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.