I'm 5'2, 115lbs, and B cup. Asymmetry After BA, is It Likely to Resolve on Its Own? (photo)

Since about a week after surgery my right breast has been softer and looked slightly smaller/less round, and the left still feels more firm, especially on top, and has a more round appearance. The left nipple also points out while the right is more centered. My doctor said I need to start massaging to help my left breast drop. Are they likely to end up looking and feeling alike? About me... 5'2, 115, average symmetrical B cup pre BA. 5 weeks post op, 450 silicone, dual plane placement.

Breast Enhancement

+1
Overall I think your breasts look similar, the only thing I guarantee patients is that they will be 100% asymmetric. It is impossible for the implants to settle and heal exactly the same

Asymmetry After BA, is It Likely to Resolve on Its Own?

+1

The one photo in which your arms are even, the breasts look even. The other two each have one arm elevated, the other either not or less so. This posture will always move the breast skin before or after surgery. No one will have even breasts when one arm is elevated overhead, the other not. 

Looks like a nice result.

All the best

+1

Speaking about unrealistic expectations! Your result looks very good, but you failed to post before photos, that I am sure would demonstrate slight asymmetries in your breasts. Again in my opinion leave alone! 

Too early to predict results

+1

At only one week from surgery it is still too early to predict how your breasts will settle.  If you had significant asymmetry prior to surgery and had the same size implant placed bilaterally, you will likely see that same asymmetry after settling.  Continue to follow your surgeon's advice and voice your concerns as you proceed through your recovery.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

#BreastAugmentation Asymmetry

+1

From your photos, it does appear that there is some asymmetry regarding your breasts, however, it is impossible to tell if this is something that was present preoperatively. Time will help to soften the breasts as the tissues relax, but some of the pre-existing issues are only magnified with a symmetric augmentation. It also appears that you may have needed a lift in addition to your augmentation as your nipples are sitting low on your breasts even with your arms raised. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD