What is the best option for a 46-year-old female with loose skin under neck and minor malar bags? (photo)

I was trying to go a less expensive route and had Exilis under chin and neck with absolutely no results. I realize I will probably need surgery to correct the loose skin on my neck. I am searching for a doctor in Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, or close to these areas. Are there affordable surgical options?

Finding the Best Neck Lift Plastic Surgeon in Your Area

+1
Surgical Correction (Neck Lift / Lower Face lift ) is your best option. See the below links on how to find the best plastic surgeon in your area.

Management of loose skin under the neck: Minimally invasive neck lift

+1
Patients with loose neck skin that doesn’t respond to non-invasive procedures like laser or radiofrequency may require surgical correction of the underlying problem: loose neck muscle (platysma). Patients with early signs of neck aging could benefit from a minimally invasive neck lift. Patients seeking neck rejuvenation should look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in neck lifts.

John Mesa, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Neck Treatment Algorithm

+1
  • Excess fat with good skin and muscle support - Liposuction
  • Excess fat, excess skin and good muscle support - Liposuction with lateral skin pull behind the ears.Can be performed under local anesthesia.
  • Excess fat, skin and platysmal bands - Neck lift with corset platysmaplasty.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Young Turkey Neck & Eyelid Bags

+1
Thank you for your question. A necklift and midface/periocular fillers are going to be the most cost effective options in the long run. You may also want to consider fat transfer to the face if you are having a necklift. This will provide significant camouflaging of the bags with neck correction and the most long lasting results. Best Wishes!

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

What is the best option for a 46-year-old female with loose skin under neck and minor malar bags?

+1
The QuickLift is not as invasive as a full facelift and is more of a lower neck/ facelift.  It can be done under local and the muscles are tightened and the excess skin removed.  Best of luck to you

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin in neck

+1
Loose skin around the neck can be troublesome especially after undergoing previous treatment like Exilis. I would recommend a neck lift with possible corset plastymaplasty. I can't tell by the photos whether jowling and malar bagging are an issue as well. If they are, then I would recommend a deep plane facelfit. A neck lift is less expensive than going the facelift route.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Loose neck skin

+1
The photographs are inadequate to give an opinion based on the amount of excess skin in the neck. A neck lift with skin removal or lower face and neck lift can address those issues of tightening up  the loose neck skin and muscle structure. For many examples, please see the link below