Petite Girl with 400cc, Am I a Candidate? (photo)

I'm 5'5" 100-lbs, with a 27" in diameter rib cage near the breast line. I'm looking to achieve a LARGE size, and I do not necessarily need them to match my body. I'm in an adult business where very large breasts will increase my earning potential. After checking out info on the internet, medium profile round 400cc silicone with a lift is what I think I need, can any doctors help guide me from the specs I presented with the pics? Thanks!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

400 mL implants on a small frame?

+1
Thanks for your question, be very careful. Patients like you can end up as a disaster if the incorrect size, position, or breast implant is chosen.. You should consult with multiple surgeons and think this through thoroughly before making your final decision. Good luck

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants on a Petite Frame

+1

Even though I prefer the moderate profile more, when I have patients that are small framed and want large breasts, I find the high profile pleases them more since they are not interested in a natural look. I think 400cc or even a little more would work for you but be careful about going too large. Even though it may seem appropriate for you now, the day will come when you may want to go smaller and the bigger you start out, the harder it is to get a good smaller result down the road. And BTW...Go Horned Frogs!!

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Petite with large implants

+1

For your specific need, you will want to go high profie on projection. I do not think a medium profile implant will accomplish what you want without being too wide. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Wants very large, fake looking breasts

+1

Given that you are petite, narrow, want very large and fake appearing breasts and work in the adult industry, you would want a maximal volume for your frame. The way to accomplish this is with a high or very high profile silicone implant. A moderate profile one will not allow you to obtain the apparent great projection that you desire. To recommend the exact appropriate volume for you based solely on photos without an examination is pure speculation.

You should see one or more board certified plastic surgeons who can examine you and then make more personalized, accurate recommendations.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Breast Augmentation and large implants

+1

Hello Ms. Sexton,

Sometimes things that seem like a good idea end up being a very bad idea.  You have a very narrow chestwall and minimal subcutaneous tissue (fat or muscle).  Additionally, your breasts have what appears to be enough ptosis (sagging) that requires a breast lift.  You are a disaster waiting to happen.  I see many women like you after the fact, who went down that road in the adult industry, thinking 'all they want is big, and I'll be busy.'  Well, if your breasts don't look reasonably pretty after augmentation, they will not want to utilize you, regardless of their size.  I've had to revise so many women because they thought bigger was better.

Because of your lean body, you are at risk for severe rippling that can be easily seen in any lighting.  Your breast ptosis and high, asymmetric inframammary folds might also place you at risk for other unwanted consequenses too, like double bubble.

Please do not try to cut costs on any procedure you are planning.  You should take this very seriously and see a surgeon who has an exellent reputation in breast surgery, and who is willing to tell you that 400 cc is too big and that you need a breast lift too.  I recommend you visit Dr. Adams in Dallas.  Not only will you have the lowest risk of complications, Dr. Adams will give you pretty breasts that will be a much better investment for you in the adult industry.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Petite patient - 400cc ?

+1

Based on the information you provided in addition to your photo, a 400cc implant should provide an ample increase in volume yet not stress the tissues too much based on your small frame, however the actual consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will be best to determine the procedure / implant size that will help you obtain the result you desire. 

As you mentioned, you may need some form of a breast lift.  With consideration to your profession, limiting the visible scars as much as possible is important.  Luckily, the breast skin does tend to heal quite well with properly performed technique and the scars do fade nicely.  However, I would strongly consider limiting the incision to areola which will reduce the areola size and tighten / lift the breast a small degree as well but will hide the incision in the new areola border.

Sean A. Simon, MD

Base the size on base width

+1

Most of the time you can get a very good breast augmentation result by measuring certain things but the base width is the most important measurement.

Depending on the width of each of your breast you can determine which breast will fit in the space and look reasonable. It can be a high profile or mid range profile implant depending on your measurements. Most likely a 400 cc silicone implant would fit just fine,

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

If I am a petitie girl, am I a candidate for 400cc implants?

+1

The best way to decide upon the proper implant size to use in order to achieve large breast is by physical examination. Having said that, by examinining your photos it appears that you are, indeed, petite with a narrow chest and some sagging. Although you want to be large, even if the breasts are not proportional to your body beacause you are in the adult business, nevertheless the result should be attractive and be associate d with minimal complications. You should be checked by at least 2 Board Certified Plastic Surgeons to get the clearest picture of whta you need. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast augmentation -getting it right the first time

+1

400cc should not be a problem and is probably not too big but there are other issues that need to be accounted for when planning your surgery. Getting implants that are slightly smaller in diameter than your breast base width is as important as picking a volume size of implant. Specific issues for you are you are very lean so you have a greater risk of visible rippling if the implants are placed above the muscle. Although your nipples point forward the nipple complexes and the majority of the breast tissue lie below the breast creases. If you put the implants under the muscle without doing anything to the breast tissue there is a risk of mismatch of implant to breast tissue so that the implants are higher than the tissue. Next you are in the adult business so you will want to minimize any visible skin scars. You will need to see a few surgeons and have breast measurements taken in order to plan out any breast surgery and improve your chances of having the best result.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD