Petite Frame Searching for the Best D Shape? (photo)

Hi dr's hoping I can get help wih sizing 425-475cc I am so torn between sizing I want to go big enough that I do not regret my choice in size but not so big that I look like a "pornstar" my height is 5'0" weight 107 breast width 12.5 had 4 kids breast fed and was a 34c and I liked that size so I want to get to a little bigger than that

+1

You might consider a breast expander to stretch the skin breast envelope or the BRAVA expansion system before implantation. Than with an expended breast skin component use a 450 to 550 cc UHP implant. 

High Profile Way To Go...

+1

Given your petite size and chest measurements combined with the fact that your breasts have deflated somewhat since your pregnancies, high profile implants are really the best choice for you if you want to be a "D" cup.  Implants in this size range with a more moderate profile will not only be too wide in the horizontal plane but also be too long in the vertical plane, shortening your torso and giving you an undesirable result!!! 

High profile implants in the 400 cc range should get you the size and the look you desire...good luck!

Eric Sadeh, MD

Implant size question?

+1

I agree with the other posts that you do not appear to have a 12.5 width. A moderate plus probably best for you and 425- 475cc silicone should be just fine for a larger D cup look. Of course the picture you show with the blonde in white top does kinda have the porn star look. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

I believe the 450 range will give you somewhere between a full C and a D.  The best was to be sure is to try wearing the implants in a tight sports bra.  Once you like the look, choose an implant slightly larger since it will not look as large once it is placed under your tissue.  Your surgeon then can choose the profile of implant based on your breast width measurement.

Martin O'Toole, MD

Breast implant size

+1

If you want to be a D cup, you are looking at the right implant size.  You are an excellent candidate and will get a great result!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Choosing implants

+1

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Petite Frame Searching for the Best D Shape?

+1

One guideline we use in picking an implant is to use one that is not wider than your own breast tissue. Although the implants in the range you have chosen are within the 12.5 cm assuming you like the high profile implants, I am not confident in the measurement. At your height and weight, and based upon the photo, I would be surprised if your breast width were 12.5. 

The choice between such a narrow range should not cause much distress--50 cc at those volumes would hardly be a noticeable difference. 

All the best. 

Get what you want after breast augmentation

+1

Youhave done all the home work and know what you wish to look like. We think your breast will do it. What you need to find is a surgeon who knows how. Agony about the right size implant should be your surgeon's and not yours. Implants are not like trying on shoes, not that easy. If forced to 'decide' you might be best to look for another practice.

Most likely you can get what you want

+1

The size of the implant that would work for you depends a lot on how wide your chest and breast are.  Once you have a size you want then the profile of the implant can come into play.  If you want a look that gives you a lot of top cleavage and volume then you may benefit from a higher profile implant.  If you want a more natural less projecting look then a lower profile implant would work better.  All of these variables can be discussed once a patient is measured.  I usually take the measurements and then review the different options until we find one that fits what the patient wants and is also going to be safe and have the best cosmetic result.

Dev Wali, MD

Implants and appearance

+1

First, you shoudl check the volume with a baggy test. Then you need to be evlauted to see if your body can tolerate this size implant.  If your breast width is too small you may bet a double bubble appearance if the tissues can not accomodate the implant.