Petite Frame Wanting Large Implants. Will This Take More Than One Surgery? (photo)

I'm 5'1'' and 105-110lbs. I'm currently a 32A/B with a ribcage of 26.5". I tried on sizers and I like the 600cc a lot. I know this is a large implant for my body but it is the look I like. I'm looking into the 32FF/G area. How many surgeries can it take for me to achieve that look? Is it still possible for me to get the teardrop slope despite the large implant size? Which is the best incision site for me? Is it possible for me to preserve my areola size. Photos below show the look I am goingfor

Big implants for your frame

+3
I would recommend staging the augmentation to avoid the complications of going too big too fast. Eventually with larger implants and stretching of the skin the breasts will look softer and have a teardrop shape. Inframammary incision would be highly recommended for you to accommodate larger implant sizes. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in breast augmentation to fit you with appropriately sized implants that meet your goals. Good luck!

Very large implants may be short term fools gold

+2

Hi there-

To answer your question, I would say that your best bet is to stage the procedures at least 6 months to a year apart (planning on 2-3 ooperations to achieve the size you want).

I feel ethically compelled, however, to remind you that while breasts as large as those in the photos you posted may seem attractive to you at this time in your life, the likelihood is that with time you will feel that they make you look heavy and matronly, and that they sag in an unattractive way.

This will almost guarantee that you need many more operations in your future, for breast lifting and correction of problems that result from the use of very large implants in small women.

Be careful what you ask for, and be sure you understand the long term implications of your choices.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation with very large implants

+2

there are several options.   this can be done in stages with two or three sets of implants over 1-2 years or you may consider an adjustable saline implant or tissue expander to start.

understand that larger implants will have more complications of capsules, stretch marks,  thinning skin,  malpostion and so forth

Big breast implants for augmentation

+2

Thanks for your question.  There is no doubt that several augmentations will be needed to stretch the skin and muscle before you adequately have the space to accomodate a bigger sized implant.  Understand, however, that many excellent, well trained surgeons will advise you that this is not a good idea, and I will also join the choir in this regard.  Shape and balance should always be more important than size.  I can't tell you how many patients have had bad results with implants that are too large.  The skin will thin out greatly, implants may become infected, they can work their way through the skin and will need to be taken out, and the least of the complications may be to develop firm hard capsular contractions around the implants.  This doesn't mean that you can't have bigger implants, but forget about the number of cc's and ask about what will give you a great shape and appearance.

Sorry to discourage you about using really large implants, but start to seek opinions from local Plastic Surgeons who are judged to be  very good ones in your community and see what they may recommend.

Good luck.

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Extra Large Breast Implants

+2

Many woman may choose to have extra large implants despite the risks.  This is a choice that a woman should make only after consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon and being informed of the stresses on your breast tissue.  Additional consent forms specifically acknowledging these risks and possible long term problems are often required.   

A look similar to the one pictured above is possible in one operation but no guarantee can be made on the specific bra size and shape.  Areola size is usuall stretched after a large augmentation so they are unlikely to remain exactly the same size.  Beware of anyone who promises they will.  Models and dancers often choose to have the implants placed through incisions in their under arms or though their belly buttons to avoid having any scars on their breasts.  Most plastic surgeons can place implants though the armpit but there are few who do the transumbilical (belly button) approach.  There are additional risks associated with these techniques so it is important to find someone experienced and familiar with these procedures.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Petite frame and large implants

+2
Mentor makes a tear drop shaped implant. One can never speak definitively without a consultation , but the size you desire is significantly larger than the current size of your breasts and such a significant augmentation may require more than one procedure. You must also seriously consider the complications which can arise from a dramatic increase in size. The areolae will be stretched out by the size of the implants regardless of the surgical approach. I personally favor infra-mammary crease technique when large implants are used.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Choosing the right implant

+1

It is very difficult to suggest what would be right for you without a formal exam.  Often when you start out very small, the chest cannot accdomodate such a large implant.

Huge breast implants stretch out your tissues and age very badly.

+1

Hi.

This is not what you want to hear, but please read my answer.   Our real job as plastic surgeons is to try to make the patient's life better.   So I urge you not to do what you are contemplating.

You are asking for a lifetime of trouble.  If you wanted anything larger than a D cup, I would have to turn you away.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

One question ...why?

+1
I would have to say it would take several surgeries to achieve the look you are asking for, but my question is why. I doubt you will have any chance of getting a teardrop shape and I doubt if the implants will have any room to move in the pocket. Trying on a 600 cc pair of implants does not take into account your skin how much breast tissue you have and the base diameter of the implants. If you were my patient I would be telling you you are making a mistake. To go large you would need hi profile implants that have a narrow base and I don't think going to more than 425-450 cc silicone would be in your best interests. You might speak to several plastic surgeons to get their opinion as I doubt have the luxury of seeing you in person. Good luck with your choice . Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

How many G's in BIGGER?

+1

The pictures you included will help your surgeon as a guide to what size you want to be.

Remember, after breast augmentation....they will still be your breasts...BIGGER. I personally don't guarantee the "look" of any particular picture.

Also, large breast implants have been associated with increased risk of complications, especially in the long term, such as tissue thinning, nipple stretching,  rippling, synmastia (breast running together), etc... You have to be aware of this on the front end.

To be on the safe side, it will realistically take two surgeries.  I recommend waiting about one year between implant changes as well for your capsule to fully mature.

However, do not let this commentary on the Internet be your only source.  I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon of your choosing and ask a lot of questions. Be informed before you make this decision.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS