Petite Build Finally Getting 365 Cc on, is it Possible to Achieve a D Cup With This Over The Muscle? Will is Look Natural?

After another meeting, I am getting now finally soon 365 cc silicone implants, low height, extra full projection, will be placed over the muscle, not speaking anymore of more volume, I am 5.7 tall, 104 lbs., wearing a 32A bra, very petite build and thin. Is it more a fake look or still natural ? I would like to have a D cup, can I reach this one ? What will be the result for me ? Do you think it would be possible to go over 365 cc ? Thanks in advance.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Over the Muscle Breast Augmentation

+1

It is difficult to determine exact cup size pre-operatively. Every manufacturer produces a variety of bra styles, which may differ in size and shape. Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc.. I don't generally recommend sub-glandular ("overs") and would caution you to know the pro's and con's of implant placement prior to surgery.

Trying to achieve a D cup in a petite woman

+1

A lot of factors go into choosing the size of implants- preop size, body proportion( weight and height), elasticity of skin, expectation of the patient and the experience and aesthetics of the surgeon. In your case I would not suggest that you go beyond a full C, and even for that size your surgeon needs to examine your breasts. Otherwise the look will be unnatural and you may be able to see the outline of the implant. I would also suggets that you go below the muscle to keep it as natural as possible.

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast Size

+1

Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  Implant choice has to do with your measurements, your skin quality and your expectations.  In most cases, smooth silicone, moderate profile plus, under the muscle placements gives the most natural results.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast implant size

+1

I am not sure what you mean by low height extra full projection. Projection and height are synonyms

for breast augmentation cases..

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Implant position

+1

If you have very small breasts, and the implants are placed in front of the muscle, you will not have enough tissue coverage to allow for a natural look.  It is better to have implants under the muscle, under any circumstances, because mammogram readings are more accurate, there is less chance for hardness from capsular fibrosis, and the result is more natural and attractive.  Also, it may be better to achieve a beautiful, full breast without determining an exact cup size (which varies with the back size) or number of cc's ahead of time.  Sizers may be used during surgery, and you can have the largest size that looks appropriate for your chest wall, as determined by looking at you in an upright position during the procedure.  It will probably be a D if your back size remains a 32.  If you try to go too large, you can have problems with displacement, and you may have an obvious, "done",  appearance.  Natural and full is much sexier than phony and huge.

Diane L. Gerber, MD

Breast augmentation

+1

It is very hard to choose an exact bra size in the operating room - there is no way to measure it so you can just get close.  Placing your implants above the muscle will make your implants look less natural than under the muscle if that is your goal - this also decreases the rate of capsular contracture.  Good luck!

Bivik Rajnikant Shah, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

This is all wrong!

+1

Patty, I must respectfully disagree with what you and your surgeon have planned. I suspect you have concerns about this that you and your surgeon have not discussed adequately, or you wouldn't be on-line asking these questions.

You presently wear a 32A bra and want to go to a D-cup in size. You are tall, thin, "very petite" and are considering silicone implants above the muscle, but want to look natural, and have concerns that 365cc implants may not be big enough to achieve your goals. It appears that you may also be confused about profile, since "extra full projection" would mean the implants have the narrowest base and the largest height (most projection), NOT "low height."

To achieve your volume or size goals, you will need implants in the 600+cc size range, and to get this volume implant to "fit" properly in your breast base width, I suspect you will need high profile implants. Measurements pre-operatively and in the operating room will help your surgeon make the appropriate decisions, and having all implant sizes and profiles available, rather than just the ones that were "ordered in advance," allows your surgeon decision-making flexibility. if your surgeon only orders 365cc implants, puts them in, and then finds out that you aren't even close to a D-cup in size (have you shown your surgeon photographs of your desired final breast size?), what will happen? Close you up and re-operate another day? Who do you think pays for that?

• You need larger implants!

And even if you get the size you want, you are tall, thin, and very petite, with only A-cup breast volume. This means you have very little breast tissue of your own to cover the over-the-muscle implants, and this leads to visible edges, possible rippling (though much less than with saline implants--thank heavens for the choice of silicone gel here), and what I term the "Baywatch boob,"  the "Coconut look," or the "rock in the sock." This is even worse if you develop capsular contracture, which is more common with over-the-muscle (under the breast) implant position, because of the ductal bacteria "bathing" the implant surface and causing a biofilm that stimulates capsular contracture.

• You need implants below the muscle, not above!

You need submuscular placement, both for increased tissue coverage, and for reduction of potential bacterial contamination that can lead to capsular contracture, an unnatural, "fake" look, and a higher risk or re-operation!

• You need more discussion, or perhaps another surgeon!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

365 gel implant above the muscle

+1

I am not a big fan of "above the muscle".  Below the muscle is more natural, better mammograms and less capsule contracture.  Make sure the diameter of the implant is close to the diameter of your breast.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast Implants and Looking Natural

+1

Hello Patty 123,

Have you had this conversation with the plastic surgeron you have seen?  If you have, and he hasn't told you that this recipe (large, high profile implant over the mucsle in a lean, small breasted person) will likely cause not only a fake look, but more importantly puts you at risk for extensive rippling, unpredictable tissue stretch (imagine a ball in a sock), implant malposition, and capsular contracture, then you have not being given good information, and might want to consider another doctor to speak to.

Thin, small breasted individuals really don't have the luxury of picking what bra size they want to be.  More than ever, it's about the surgeon picking the appropiately sized implant for the patient's anatomy.  Implant placement is always best in the subpectoral position in everyone and will give a more natural appearance.  Implant profile should be low or intermediate to achieve a natural look as well.

A large part of my practice is revision surgery, and many would not need a reoperation if they had been better informed and wouldn't make choices that lead to complications or dissatisfaction.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS