Petite Asian Tiny Frame - 10.2 Breast Width Diameter - How Big is Too Big (photo)?

Hi, I am 4'11" tall and 90lbs. I have gone for two consults and have finally settled on a doctor. Given my tiny frame and my desire to want very natural results, my doctor told me the highest he will possibly go for me would be 190-200cc. My BWD is about 10 to 10.2. Should I look into a higher profile or moderate? I'm not sure what that means for my end result.. My current cup size is probably about a 32AA. Does this mean I will get to a 32B? How should I address this at my sizing consult?

Plastic surgeon can use sterile sizers during surgery to see which size implants give you the look you want.

+2

Hi.

1)  Sterile sizers placed inside your breasts during surgery eliminate all guess work.  The surgeon can see exactly what a particular size and shape looks like inside you. ( You need the largest implants that leave you looking completely natural.)  Only then are the real implants opened.  The different implant sizes are always available in the operating room.  I would guess 225 cc's and moderate PLUS profile, but remember that is just a guess until one sees what it looks like inside you.

2)  Exactly where on your chest the implants are put is just as important as the size.  The folds under your breasts need to be lowered a little so the implants don't sit too high and round.

3)  Your left breast looks smaller and you may need a different size in each breast.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Bra Size and Breast Size

+1

With a bra size of 32 AA, each 100 cc's of implant will correspond to 1 cup size increase.  If you desire a 200 cc implant that will correspond to 2 cup sizes bigger so you go from a 32 AA to a 32 C.  However, your photograph shows asymmetry (right breast is larger than the left) and you will need 2 different size implants.  It may be difficult to place that size implant under the muscle (which I recommend) in your petite frame.  I also recommend silicone gel implants for thin people because they feel and look more natural.  In the retro-pectoral position, the profile of the implant is insignificant beacuse the muscle compresses it.  You photograph shows a discoloration below the areola on both sides.  I am not sure what the source of this is but it may have to be addressed as well.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Petite Female, Narrow Chest, Wants Natural Look - What Profile Should I Choose?

+1

Given your base width diameter at 10 - 10.2, and using the Allergan Naturelle chart for dimensions of implants at various fill volumes, and assuming one does not want to put an implant in with a greater base width diameter than the existing breast, then this eliminates both style 10 and style 15.  That is to say, that both moderate and moderate plus implants between 190-200 cc of fill volume, have base width diameters larger than your existing breasts.  Therefore, the only logical choice at the fill volume you have determined would be the high profile implants. 

High profile breast implants placed in the partially subpectoral space give a very natural appearance.  You will obviously need a larger implant on the left.  200 cc = 1 cup, therefore 200 ccs added to a 32AA should become a very small B. 

All that being said, when you are at your sizing consultation, place implants in a bra, wear a snug T-shirt, and see what you like.  Remember, implants under the muscle are about 15% smaller than they are at your sizing consultation. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Petite Asian Breast Aug

+1

If you are looking for a more natural look I would stay away from High profile implants. The way I see it you have 3 options: low, moderate or high profile implants. Your base diameter sets the tone for the entire procedure. You can only have implants that fit your base diameter. Once your surgeon has determined your base diameter then you should look at which profile gives you the look you want. I would guess moderate is what you will need. However, only a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon where you can communicate your goals will lead you down the right path. The higher the profile the more un-natural the appearance can be. You are larger on the right from these photos. I would use sizers for you as I do for all of my patients to get the correct number on each side for better symmetry. Realize I say better. It is difficult to obtain perfect symmetry. Best of luck!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems.

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. 200 mL does not sound like an unreasonable size choice.  High profile round does not give a natural look but form-stable anatomical gel might.

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Sizing is relative

+1

First, I think you have highlighted an issue in breast augment surgery and that is the petite woman with small chest width.  At one time, the implant manufacturers were considering bringing out a separate line of implants marketed to the Asian patient population, specifically to address the small chest (28-32") size.  Second, the photo demonstrates a small asymmetry between the breasts which can be improved by differential augmentation.  Given the narrowness, I would not recommend going above 250 cc and probably 225 cc depending on the outcome you desire.  Sizing should be explored in detailed consultation using sizing implants and I always recommend that you purchase a bra in the size with which you are comfortable, fill it and then try on your favorite top to get a better sense of shape.  High profile implants would not be recommended to achieve a natural look.  Best of luck. Dr. K

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast augmentation and size

+1
Dear petit lilah, You indeed have a small frame and while natural is very vague, you would generally look great and natural with a B cup. This is a discussion you should have again with your surgeon. In my practice after an exam I would likely offer you the TUBA procedure where saline implants are placed under the muscle through a hidden navel incision. In your case 225-50cc moderate profile implants. Best of luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Avoid high profile for a more natural look

+1

Thank you for your inquiry and photograph. If you are looking for a natural result, I would stick with the moderate profile implants and advise you to stay away from the high profile implants. From the look of your photograph, you appear to be a little asymmetric in size and you may need a larger implant on the smaller side for symmetry. The implant size that you are looking at should take you up one to one and a half cup sizes and should look very natural. Good luck.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1
Thank you for the question and the photo. Because of your small frame and your choice of wanting to look natural you could be a good candidate for the shaped implants which tend to fit the chest better and give you enough of a profile to meet your desired look without looking too big or fake. Best of luck

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS