Petite 22 Year Old Wanting Full Breast but I Don't Want the Tennis Ball in a Sock Look, Options? (photo)

I am a 22 year old woman, no pregnancies. 5'2 104 lbs with a current bra size of 34a probably 34aa. I would like to have full breast. I know cup size is irrelevant but a full c is what I am looking for. My bwd is 12. What size range of implants would get me to my desired size. I am leaning toward silicone unders unless my plastic surgeon feels they would not be the best option for me. I ultimately will go with my plastic surgeons expertise but I wanted some Thoughts?

What implant

+1
For someone with your build and desires I like a medium profile anatomic implant placed under the muscle in the 300cc range

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant sizes for smaller breasts.

+1

Implant volume and final cup size vary considerably based on a woman's overall frame. At 5'2" with a 12cm breast width, your options for choosing implants are limited unless you want an obvious "augmented" appearance. More measurements are needed, but a basic range would be up to 300cc in a moderate plus profile or 375cc in a high profile. With your small frame, 300ccis likely to be plenty to get you into a 32 C cup bra. Form stable implants are an option and lead to less of an "augmented" appearance, but they do require a larger incision for placement.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant

+1

Hello

Because of your relative lack of breast tissue , you would benefit from a "form stable" tear drop shaped , textured silicone gel implant placed in a "dual plane" (partially  under muscle) in order to achieve a relatively natural look.

thank you

Ali Adibfar, MD, DDS

Wanting full breast

+1

Thanks   for   sharing  with Us   , your  doubts , looking  at   your chest    i  think   that  in  a range  of 375  450 ,    you  will   have  the  desire cup ,  locating the  implant  under  the  muscle ,   smooth  implants  and   very   high   profile,   this  location   does  not    give   the  apparence of   a  ball     because   tje  implant    is cover    by  muscle   and also   it  makes a force against the implant , that is  why   a recommend biiger     implants    to  acquire     the  look    you desire

Cynthia Disla, MD

Meeting expectations in breast augmentation surgery

+1

Several factors to consider with breast augmentation surgery.  If you are petite and want a natural look with a base diameter of 12 then an implant in the 300 to 350 cc range should meet your expectations.  A high profile implant is likely to give you a very rounded appearance that you seem to wan to avoid.  

Avoiding "Tennis Ball In A Sock" Look

+1

The most important factor in avoiding the "fake look" after breast augmentation is to use an implant which is slightly smaller than your bwd.  I agree that using a silicone implant placed beneath your muscle would be helpful.  I also suggest using smooth implants.

John Whitt, MD

What type of breast implant?

+1

Because of your thin frame, I would recommend you consider getting the anatomic-shaped silicone gel "gummy bear" implants.  Be sure to find a surgeon who has extensive experience with them because there is definitely a learning curve to using them. 

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

The smaller the breast the more it will look like the implant

+1

When there is not as much breast tissue to cover up the implant the breasts will look like the implant.  That is most likely what you are describing.  To avoid this a smaller implant is better for you.  The size and style of the implant also depends on the distance of your nipple to the fold of your breast as well as a few other measurements.  In your case silicone is a better choice and under the muscle is also preferred.  There are some new implants with shapes that may be good for you and your plastic surgeon can advise you about them.  Below is a link to an augmentation with breast shape similar to yours.

Dev Wali, MD