Petechiae (Red Spots) Normal After Laser Resurfacing?

I had full face quite deep tradtional CO2 Laser resurfacing 8 weeks ago for acne scars (full face bar eyes), i still have some mild swelling in lower cheeks, after being sick last week i developed what i believe is petechiae, on upper cheeks/temple which are slowly fading. i am trying my best to sleep on an incline to help reduce residual swelling, but wake on side sometimes, but i am still getting odd areas of petechiae in random areas, they appear in a morning, so must come in night? (i was getting this pre sickness event as well). is this normal & why is it doing it?

Red Spots Normal after Laser Resurfacing

+1

It is not uncommon for Petechiae to appear on the skin between four and twelve weeks post-op CO2

laser resurfacing

. Therefore, you are at the right time to develop these Petechiae. These almost invariably fade and disappear within a relatively short period time. You should discuss this with your doctor who will most likely offer the same reassurance to you.

Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser resurfacing and blood vessels

+1

At eight weeks after resurfacing your skin should be well epithelialized. If you are having coughing fits and are on blood thinners such as aspirin or non-steroidal antiinflammatory agents such as ibuprofen, alleve, etc. then you may get these red dots. First you should see a dermatologist to evaluate the condition and see if that's what they are. Then you should have a general check up and have your blood tested to make sure there is no hidden blood disorder that predisposes you to easy bleeding or bruising.

Ronald Shelton, MD