Strange bruise near incision, should I be concerned? (photo)

I'm 7 days post op (internal lift and breast augmentation with 400 cc round Mentor implants). My surgeon removed my plasters today and I didn't notice these two spots until I'd left the hospital. He didn't mention them. They are located only on my right breast. Can anyone shed light on the cause of these two bruises? Do they look like they are of surgical origin? Do I have any cause for concern and is there anything I should watch out for?

+1

Bruising can be normal for up to 6 weeks following breast augmentation with breast implants. I always recommend seeing your Plastic Surgeon to be sure you are healing properly.

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
Everything looks totally normal, there is always brusing and swelling associated with surgery, congrats on the great outcome

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Acute post-op concerns

+1
should ALWAYS be discussed with your surgeon whom you chose and placed your trust in.  Putting such questions up to the bleachers only will add to confusion and anxiety.  Your surgeon wants you to have the best result possible, and if not, you can vent on social media sites.

Curtis Wong, MD

BBA

+1
The photo is not worrisome on its own BUT your PS is the only one that can definitively confirm that everything is ok as they did the surgery.  You should discuss this with your PS.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Strange bruise near incision, should I be concerned?

+1
Over the internet appears as a normal event in healing. Best to seek ONY IN PERSON opinions so return to your surgeon to be evaluated..// 

Bruising and Skin Marks after Surgery

+1
I think the mark is due to a small bruise related to a suture used during surgery.  It is not uncommon and does not look concerning.

I think if you have any questions or concerns you should contact your surgeon who I am sure would be more than happy to see you and check everything is going well.

Kind regards,

Dean

Dean Trotter, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

+1
Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate diagnosis and/or reassurance but the bruise in the photograph does not seem concerning to me. Best wishes.