How will my breasts look after BA? I'm further set than most, a tad droopy & a little unsymmetrical. 27yo. (photos)

Hi there I'm interested in knowing your professional opinion on how my breasts will turn out post op? I'm booked for 300-350cc, round, mod+ silicone, textured implants as I desire a very natural full C cup result. I'm worried bc I'm very far set, slightly unbalanced (left smaller, nipple larger, lower set) & more droopy than most 27yo woman with no kids. Ideally, I'd like a nice slightly swooped profile, fuller upper pole, close the big gap between & have even nipples. Am I being realistic?

A dual plane breast augmentation should give you a nice result

+2
Thank you for your question and photograph.  Based only on your photographs a dual plane breast augmentation should give you a very nice result.  The implant sizes that you have chosen will certainly fill your breast and reduce the wide separation.

If you want perfect symmetry the larger right breast would need to be modified to reduce the size.  Next para my suggestion would be U proceed with your planned augmentation and a 3-6 months if you are unhappy with the asymmetry a small revision can be done.

Breast augmentation increases the size of the breasts but not the overall shape and projection.

+1
After a straightforward breast augmentation your breast should have the same overall shape and projection but of course will be larger.

Breast augmentation and breast asymmetry

+1
Thank you for your enquiry about breast augmentation.
Your photo suggests you have two options.

On the one hand, a breast enlargement, which will not correct the breast asymmetry - but when breasts are larger, the asymmetry may be less apparent.

The other is to have a breast augmentation on the L side (in the photo) and on the R side (in the photo), do a breast revision to make the breast smaller, move the nipple into a more asymmetric position and at the same time, do a breast implant as well.

This gives you better symmetry but it will increase your cost and to some extent, your risks as well.
See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a face-to-face evaluation to discuss what might be better for you. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

How will my breasts look after BA? I'm further set than most, a tad droopy & a little unsymmetrical.

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs,  despite the existing asymmetry, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  Of course, it is important to have realistic expectations, understanding that the breasts will not be perfectly symmetrical after breast augmentation surgery; with the use of different sizes/profiles of breast implants, improvement in breast symmetry should be a goal.  I tell all my patients of the breast will be “sisters, not twins” or “snowflakes, each beautiful, but different”.   In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. Given your concerns, I would suggest that you spend additional time with your plastic surgeon;  ask the same question of him/her regarding the use of ultra-high-profile implants  and the greater projection that results from the use of these breast implants.

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link ( devoted to breast asymmetry concerns), helps.