Should I Expect Good Result After Upper Bleph to Remove Heavy Eyelids, Im 33? (photo)

i have high brows so lift isnt an option, i dont like my heavy brows what do you think about an upper bleph?

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty

+2

At your age you would be a candidate for limited upper eyelid blepharoplasty with muscle preservation and fat removal from the medial and central zone.  The key is to be conservative and not remove too much skin.  

Addressing the orbital fat to address heavy brows not removing eyelid skin since you are young without excess skin

+1

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty is a procedure that is focused on what is done under the skin rather than the skin itself. In your case, you don’t have a lot of extra skin and your eyebrows are already relatively high and in a good position. I don’t think you need to entertain brow lifting at this point since the general trend nowadays is not having high arch brows like in the 90s.

If you were to come in my practice, I would let you look at yourself in the mirror, take photos and use a Q-Tip to roll the eyelid skin inward. This is an important assessment so that we can determine how much skin can be removed. Too much removal of eyelid skin may leave the patient with too little skin for the upper eyelids to comfortably close.

There are two anatomic issues or concepts that a patient who wants to undergo eyelid surgery need to understand. One is about orbital fat that’s normally around your eyeball inside the muscle cone and behind an anatomic feature called the septum, which may create some volume. The patient with this type of fat manifests deep set creases, and if they want a deeper crease, that’s the place I would sculpt the orbital fat. Another area where fat is found is the sub-brow fat. This is the fat that is found below the eyebrow adjacent to rim of the orbital bone. The reduction of fat in this area will give someone more definition and solve the problem of heavy brows.

Unfortunately, there are some surgeons who overdo these type of procedures and the patient ends up having hollow eyes. Upper eyelid blepharoplasty is an art and should be done unique to every patient. I suggest that you meet with qualified cosmetic surgeons and get their artistic sense. Find someone who understands your concerns and who clicks with you and then you can move forward with the procedure. I hope that was helpful to you, I wish you the best of luck, and thank you for question.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Patients with congenital heavy lids can be good candidates for eyelid surgery.

+1

You are good candidate for upper eyelid surgery. However your heavy lids or a congenital issue. I would suggest you video imaging to make sure that you will like the outcome.

Should I Expect Good Result After Upper Bleph to Remove Heavy Eyelids, Im 33?

+1

Because heavy eyelids, in a 33 year old female is a bit unusual..be certain that the plastic and cosmetic surgeon checks your eyebrow position prior to the blepharoplasty.  Only that amount of excess upper eyelid skin, with the eyebrows lifted into the proper aesthetic position can be removed with an upper blepharoplasty.  Removing any more, will place the eyebrows in a lower position after the surgery.

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty and browlift

+1

No one can make an accurate assessment from your posted photo alone. Your high brows could be a reaction to excess upper eyelid skin that would otherwise hang down in which case an upper blepharoplasty would be helpful to both the eyebrows and the eyelid. If that is not the case I would not recommend eyelid surgery at this time as doing so would just create more problems. The only way to know would be for you to be examined face to face by a qualified surgeon.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Minimal upper blepharoplasty

+1

The upper eyelid skin is not touching  the eyelashes, so a conservative skin and fat only blepharoplasty could be performed if the heaviness of the upper lids is of concern. Please see the link below for examples of upper blepharoplasty

+1

A very very conservative upper lid blepharoplasty could help. But only in person eye lid examination is indicated. 

Upper bleph in 33 year old

+1

Certainly, you have very pretty eyes and don't need to do anything right now.  However, a conservative blepharoplasty of the upper lids might make you very happy.  Check out the directory of asoprs.org to find an expert near you.

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Upper eye lid lift (blepharoplast

+1

Hi Niki

Too much space between the eyebrows and upper eyelid crease can make the eyelids look heavy. A very conservative eye lift would help to solve this problem. You could also wait a few more years but its obviously bothering you NOW. See someone with experience and you'll do fine. 

All the best. 

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is critical that you understand what you are getting into!

+1

A well done upper blepharoplasty could be amazing for you or it could turn you into an eyelid cripple.  Pardon the expression but you need to go into the process with your eyes open.  The purpose of a consultation is to determine very precisely what you are looking for and why you are looking for it.  A consultation is not an exercise in selling you something you are looking for.  Without determining precisely what you need, you are very likely to be profoundly disappointed with surgery.  Please be careful out there.