Can a Person Get an Umbilicoplasty Without a Tummy Tuck?

An umbilicoplasty can be done without a tummy tuck

+1

An umbilicoplasty can be done without a tummy tuck but it is certainly not a substitute for one if it is indicated

Result of umbilicoplasty is very limited.

+1

Hi.

There are a few women who have a very local issue with their belly button, and these can certainly be helped with just an umbilicoplasty.  But for most patients, it will not achieve their goal.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Umbilicoplasty with or without tummy tuck

+1

Yes, umbilicoplasty is a common procedure to make an outward facing bellybutton inward facing.  It can also be used to change the shape of the bellybutton.  If you are looking for skin tightening in your abdomen, however, then you need to have a tummy tuck.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Umbilicoplasty without a tummy tuck

+1

Revisions of the belly button, or umbilicoplasty, include a lot of different procedures. Sometimes there is a hernia as part of it for example, which would be typical when correcting an "outie" to an "innie." With a tummy tuck, it is the same belly button in the same location, but typically a lot of effort is directed at making sure the shape is nice. Occasionally there is a need to just improve the look of the belly button but no abdominoplasty is necessary.

Richard Baxter, MD

Umbilicoplasty without a tummy tuck

+1

Umbilicoplasty has been one of my most requested procedures. Men and women both commonly request improvemetn of the belly button (outie to innie, smaller, etc.).  If the problem is restricted to just your belly button, then yes, you can have an umbiliocplasty without a tummy tuck. However, if it if more tof the loose skin around the belly button, then a tummy tuck may be better - which will also include umbilical revision. 

Some of my patients have the loose skin aroung the belly button but do not want a tummy tuck. In these cases, they have gotten improvement with an umbilicoplasty followed by a series of laser skin tightenting for the skin of the abdomen.  You obviously need to be fully evaluated by a plastic surgeon and I am happy to take a look at you.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Surgery of the Belly Button can be done without a Tummy Tuck

+1

Although the belly button is relocated during the performance of a full Tummy Tuck, this does not mean the an umbilicoplasty, the surgical creation or modification of the belly button, cannot be done independently. It can and is done independently to create more attractive "innie" belly buttons among other indications.

Depends

+1

If you have an umbilical hernia see a general surgeon - if you just dont like the way your belly button looks see a plastic surgeon.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Umbilicoplasty

+1

It depends what you are trying to achieve and what the issue is, but in short yes it is possible.

I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your concerns.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD