Can I Get Big Lips Through Injections?

Can a person with very thin lips get big lips(like angelina jolie) through injections or can that only happen through lip surgery?

Big Lips Through Injections.

+3

Injecting your lips with restylane or juvederm can enlarge them a lot but should be done in 3 sessions at 1 week apart using about 2-3 syringes of material @ $550/syringe and may last 6-9 months.  Permanent lip implants tend to do better and are permanent for $1500-2000 per lip.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

A natural looking lip is more important than big lips

+2
I tell my thin-lipped patients that want fuller lips that with good, artistic technique they can have slightly fuller lips, more defined lips and if they are over 40 years old, a younger version of their current lips. If you only have a small amount of mucous membrane showing (the pink outer part of your lips) than no one can give you much more than what nature gave you, by putting in a filler. The reason we all see "those awful lips" on some women is because someone injects too much filler or fat into them, trying to give them larger lips than what nature will allow. After enhancing 100's of lips over the last 22 years, I have found the best looking lips are natural-looking ones that look better but still natural looking.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip injections

+1

It's definitely possible to get full lips through lip injections - however it's difficult to tell you what is realistically possible and safe without seeing you.  I'd recommend seeing an experienced surgeon who can tell you the risks, benefits, and alternatives of filler vs. surgery.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

How big is realistic with lip injections?

+1

The short answer to your question is that you can get bigger lips then you currently have. Angelina Jolie has very large lips which are from being genetically blessed. Some of the worst results I have ever seen that make women look like puffer fish have been from trying to re-create those type of lips from thin lips. There is a limit to how much can actually be put in either with injection or surgery and still look natural. Discuss this with a Board Certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in lip augmentation. You may not be able to get exactly what you want but you should be able to achieve a look you are happy with.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer for Lip Augmentation

+1

Yes, you can get beautiful plump lips via injections.  Fat Transfer- (injecting fat to add volume to the the lips) is a wonderful way to achieve the lips you are looking for.  Artificial fillers like Juvederm or Restylane can be used, but provide only temporary enhancement.  Fat transfer allows a more permanent enhancement, while also maintaining the soft and supple feel of natural lips.  Fat transfer for lip augmentation is a minimally invasive procedure which can be accomplished under local anesthesia in about one half hour.  Good Luck, Dr. Corrado

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation can certainly help improve the appearance of the lips.  This can be accomplished with fillers.  As for Angelina Jolie lips, it really depends upon your anatomy.

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip enhancement can enhance YOUR LIPS, can not give you some one else lips.

Lip enhancement can be done with hyaluronic acid or fat injections. Consult your BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON. AND HAVE REALISTIC EXPECTATIONS

Creating beautiful lips

+1

Lips can be enhanced significantly with fillers such as Juvederm. They are quite effective and excellent and improving the lips appearance. However, realistic goals should be maintained as even with filler certain lips based on shape and appearance will never look like celebrities such as Angelie Jolie.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon