Can a Person Still Look Natural After Facial Cosmetic or Plastic Surgery (Fillers/facelift)?

I would like to get some fillers or a facelift but I am worried I won't look natural. Is it possible for people to not know you have had anything done?

Natural Looking Facelift - Yes, it's possible, but you need to select the right surgeon

+5
It is absolutely possible to get a natural looking facelift, or natural looking results from plastic surgery on any area of the face or body.
There are hundreds of before and after images on my website of plastic surgery procedures I have performed. Look at the afters first. This will give you an idea of how natural the results is, and just provide the "wow" factor of a before and after image.
The before and after images are the first place to start looking for a plastic surgeon. But, that is just the beginning. It is critical to find a well trained, experienced plastic surgeon who understands your goals.
As with any cosmetic surgery, meticulous technique and attention to detail on the part of the surgeon can produce beautiful, natural-appearing results - whether it's a facelift or fat grafting or a breast augmentation.  So make sure that the surgeon you are seeing is board-certified, has a lot of experience with fat grafting, and can show you photographic examples of the surgery in which you are interested.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Looking Natural After Facial Plastic Surgery

+1

The key is finding the right plastic surgeon that is a true expert in the procedure that you want if you want to look natural and non-operated on, which is a sign of good plastic surgery.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Natural Result After Plastic Surgery and Fillers

+1

It is important to do your homework when choosing a surgeon or physician who will perform a facelift and/or injection of fillers. You want to be in the hands of a physician who has a great deal of experience performing the procedure you desire. A natural result is the general goal of the procedure(s), and it is definitely possible to achieve great improvements without looking like you had surgery performed. Good communication with your physician is essential prior to having any procedures. Before and after photos are a great way to get a feel for the work performed by the physician you may potentially choose. Thank you and I hope this helps.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

+1

IMHO, not only can they...they must as this is the primary goal of inspired plastic and cosmetic surgery.  Whether it's fillers to the cheeks, implants to the breasts or a Face Lift, understanding and following the proper aesthetics of facial and body beauty is key in the creation of natural beauty.  In my mind, the goal is and has always been to make every patient the very best version of themselves in a naturally, youthful and attractive manner.  Don't settle for anything less.

Looking natural after face lift and fillers

+1

We have come such a long way in the past 20 years of so when it comes to facial aging.  No longer do plastic surgeons chant "tight is right" when it comes to face lifts and we now recognize the importance of skin quality and also facial volume. 

Well done facial rejuvenation should leave a patient looking, well, rejuvenated. 

The term "natural" is a sticky wicket.  It's natural for a 60 year old to have a turkey gobbler neck, jowls, flattened cheeks, nasolabial folds, deep forehead creases, saggy and baggy eyelids, etc.  So when someone says they want to look natural, they may mean natural for someone 10 or 15 years younger, but they probably don't mean natural for their age.

Communicating with your plastic surgeon is very, very important.  Make sure you select someone who really listens to you and understands what you think looks natural and can communicate well what he/she can do.       

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Will Fillers Show?

+1

Yes. You can and should look natural. 

Face lifts: With a good Board Certified Plastic Surgeon using modern face lift techniques, you should look quite natural within a few weeks.

Fillers: you should look quite natural in 24 hours, unless you bruise. 

Caution: if you have not had fillers before, start with 1 syringe only. Why?

1. to be sure the filler is the right one for you
  2. to be sure the look is what you are looking for.

Have a great time with your new look.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Looking natural after facial plastic surgery

+1

You certainly don't have to look "done" after facial cosmetic surgery. The take home point, I think, is to find a surgeon who is conservative and has before and after results that fit your preferred aesthetic.

The use of fillers or botox can rejuvenate your facial appearance and if more improvement is desired a more surgical plan can be tailored. A facelift and/or neck may be combined with longer lasting volume enhancement (facial fat grafting) and eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) depending on your specific anatomy.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Looking natural after facelift.

+1

Looking natural after facelift is always possible IF you go to a surgeon who does natural appearing facelifts--not surgical appearing facelifts!

Natural look after fillers

+1

It is possible to achieve a natural, improved appearance.  It depends on your goals, and the experience/skill of the practitioner that you see.  

David A. Lickstein, MD

Can I have surgery and look natural

+1

The answer is absolutely. . .and. . .it depends.  There are a lot of options for rejuvenating the face.  The most subtle things you can do to start with would be Botox (or Dysport, a competitor) fillers in along the jaw line or nasolabial creases or Platelet Rich Plasma around the eyes.  Can your friends, family, coworkers tell?  Not usually, unless you get a bruise, etc.  Surgery sets you up to be found out but it doesn't have to be that way.  Some of my facelifts are tailored to be seamless.  People look much better but still look very much like themselves. However, you need to give ample time for healing and resolution of swelling before you're ready for prime time, so to speak.

Mainly, you need to find a surgeon who is conservative-minded and can show  you multiple photos/examples of patients who have had work and look rejuvenated but natural.  This is the most common request in my office.  

Hope that helps.

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon