Can a Person Start an Invisalign Program with One Dentist and Finish and Finish with Another?

Can a person such as a so-called "snowbird" start an invisalin program in one location and dentist and finish in another with a different dentist?

Invisalign case can be transferred if necessary

+1

Yes, an Invisalign case can be transferred if necessary due to a patient moving.  The Align company does allow it and your computer records will be transferred with your permission, but the treating dentists have to agree to give and accept a transfer.  Both dentists will need to be compensated for their time, skills, and materials so a patient might end up paying extra for this situation. 

Dubuque Cosmetic Dentist

Transferring Invisalign cases between dentists..

+1

We really dont like to do that but we will if absolutely necessary. I've done a few transfer cases and the biggest issue is getting money from the patient or the  ex dentist to cover my fee. If the old dentist collected the entire fee in the beginning then how can another dentist take over..? gets a little sticky..but its doable..

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Different dentist working on one Invisalign case

+1

I agree that it would have to be worked out ahead of time. I don't think you will find a dentist to work on your case unless the case is "transferred" over from Invisalign. Then the original dentist looses his records. It may be better to just work with the dentist in the state that you spend the most time in and see if you can spread out the appointments and maybe travel once in between. I sometimes keep in touch by cell phone photos when patients are out of town. If you are strict about wearing the aligners and keep in touch and get approval to continue by the dentist it could work. Otherwise you will end up wearing the aligners for a longer time and having to correct the problem when you get back in town. I hope this helps. It's better to work with one dentist.

East Aurora Cosmetic Dentist

Sharing Invisalign cases would need to be worked out with the dentists

+1

Whether an Invisalign case can be shared or not is up to the treating dentists.  If the dentists are willing to share the fee there likely is not a problem, however there is no obligation for dentists to do so.  Most dentists are able to find a solution, but this should be worked out before treatment begins.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist