Is it a good idea to have a lateral Brow lift along with a Facelift?

When a person has a facelift, is it a good idea to also have a lateral browlift, to open up and eyes and decrease the excess on the lateral brow whish is common after a facelift only procedure? Thank you.

Browlift with facelift?

+2

It is certainly not a bad idea to have both procedures done together, as long as both are indicated.  However, I would say that having a facelift alone would not, IMHO, result in excess building up laterally in the upper eyelid.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Considering brow lift with facelift

+2

Your physician should have done a detailed facial analysis of you at your consultation. It is true that some of us have lost volume in this region or have seen a descent in the outside aspect of the brow over time. Some important things to remember/consider:

1. Many of us do less brow lifts these days as researchers have found that this deformity in many is due to loss of volume in this area and not necessarily descent of the brow itself (lambros). I would agree with this. It is amazing how much better many of our patients look with a small amount of filler or fat in this area

2. If not done properly, brow lifts can distort our appearance and make us look unnatural.

It is important to seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can review this with you

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

Lateral browlift with a facelift

+2

If you need rejuvenation of the forehead and brows along with the cheeks and neck, have it done in the same sitting so there can be a simultaneous recovery period.  A "lateral brow lift" in some hands is just a post-temporal extension of the face lift.  For it to be effective a vertical pull needs to be attained which should involve a separate incision and dissection. If you are going to have this much additional work , why not have a more complete forehead/bow lift ?,

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

To lift or not to lift? First, step away from the mirror!

+1

In short, yes. But, it depends on the person. The goal of lifting procedures is to restore a younger-looking version of you that is balanced and harmonious. Sometimes different areas of the face may age at different rates (for example, bags or dark circles under the eye may form early despite the rest of your face looking youthful), but usually the entire face ages at the same rate. So, if you have a facelift but low eyebrows and a wrinkly forehead are not addressed, this area may look older than the rest of your face.  On the other hand, some people only need a brow lift because they have very deep and prominent forehead lines and low-set eyebrows but the rest of the face looks quite youthful. Step back from the magnifying mirror and assess your entire face as a whole rather than each individual wrinkle (which we're all prone to do). Ask close friends to give their honest opinion, as well  - others' insights go a long way to see what other people see when they look at you. You may be surprised that they don't even see that one wrinkle or spot that you think is so obvious to the world; and, they may point out that you raise your eyebrows a lot, and create forehead wrinkles, when you talk, for example. In general, nipping, tucking and smoothing multiple areas in order to have a balanced natural appearance is the goal, and goal-setting should be done with a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a lot of facial rejuvenation procedures. Ask to see some photos - if you like what you see and your surgeon's credentials speak for themselves, then you're on the right track. Good luck!

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD

Browlift with lower face and neck lift

+1

If the brow region has significant drooping and aging changes, an endoscopic browlift can certainly be performed simultaneously with a lower face and neck lift.  

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Maintaining Facial Harmony is Important

+1

When it comes to facial rejuvenation, it is important to consider your entire face: forehead/brow/upper eyelids, mid-face/cheeks/lower eyelid, and neck. It is not every patient that needs every area addressed. However, many patients in my practice will see me complaining only about one particular area. I frequently recommend that the entire face be rejuvenated in sync so that it all appears to be in balance.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Brow Lift is a Common Component to Facial Rejuvenation: Lateral Brow Lift vs. Full Brow Lift

+1

A brow lift is a common component to facial rejuvenation. Not all face lifts are equal and not all faces need a brow lift however if you have outer excess skin around your upper eyelids and forehead creases then you would benefit from a browlift which works in harmony with a facelift. A vertical lift of your cheek area actually can acccentuate excess skin in this area making a browlift mandatory in the majority of my total facelifts. The majority of facelifts do not do this amount of lift in this area and are under powered therefore some feel it is not necessary to lift the brow. Do it if you have the right facelift and the right face.

Dr. Trussler

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Facelift with or without a Lateral Brow Lift

+1

Have a brow lift with your facelift only if you need brow elevation; the two procedures treat very different parts of the face. I'm usually not a fan of just a lateral brow lift, but this may be appropriate for you.

+1

Sure but it is a very patient specific issue. Best to see photos or an in person examination in order. There are many techniques available for the brow as Dr Mayer states. 

Your picture would have helped

+1

The indication for each procedure depends on the patient and patients expectation. You may benefit from lateral brow lift if it is indicated in your case . Did your surgeon discuss endo forehead lift ?

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon