Solutions for Persistent Hardness After Vaser and Smart Lipo?

I had SmartLipo & VaserLipo on my abdomen & flanks 10 days ago. My surgeon said about 8 lbs fat, 11 lbs total with fluids was removed. Day 5 I developed extreme hardness in my abs. I used a heat massager, took antibiotics for chills & pharmaceutical Echinacea & Goldenseal. I immediately saw 50% reduction of the hard swollen tissue. Since then, it's about the same.

I'm still using the heat massager 3 hours per day. I'm feeling great but SCARED this hardness will never go away.

What can I do to reduce the hardness?? Do I need an ultrasound?

Early Liposuction Firmness Common

+1

First of all it is common to have areas of firmness in the first 2-3 weeks following surgery. Your surgeon can tell you if there are any concerns and I trust you are having regular visits with him/her.

Massage can help manage firm lumps and bumps following Vaser, Smart Lipo, and tradtional liposuction. I don't think the any heat is needed and may make make matters worse as well as "over manipulation/massage"  especially in the first several days. 
Therapeutic or "lymphatic massage" may be helpful following  a  Liposuction (Smart Lipo, Vaser, Tickle lipo, or conventional lipo) to minimize swelling. Make sure your surgeon feels that you have healed sufficiently  and it is safe before doing this. Ultrasound and/or Endermologie treatments are also  helpful in many after liposculpture/liposuction but again, not critical.
  Although deep tissue massage following liposuction can aid in smoothing out  contour irregularities that invariably accompany this procedure it has limited effect on the final outcome and  is NOT mandatory. Some plastic surgeons recommend it to all  patients as they feel the edema resolves faster.  Ask your surgeon to show you or a significant other how to do this if cost is an issue. Typically they will have you massage toward areas of maximum lymphatic drainage ( for example groin or armpits) A low sodium diet may also be helpful early on.

Firmness after liposuction

+1

Firmness after liposuction is most likely due to swelling.  It sounds like you may need lymphatic massage or ultrasound treatments to soften it up.  As well, it may just improve on its own.  Definitely check with your doctor.